Talk

Advanced search

Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream

(18 Posts)
LizzieVereker Sun 02-Nov-14 11:06:20

Is it usually dark golden brown and very gloopy? Normally use Gatiineau soothing concentrate but thought I'd try EA for a change. I wondering if my tube is "off." I'm not sure I like it. And I was excited about it arriving. sad

TheToadLessTravelled Sun 02-Nov-14 11:09:02

Yes that sounds right. Smells awful too. If it didn't give such great results I would have given up at the first use

FluffyDucky Sun 02-Nov-14 11:09:51

Yup, nothing to worry about Lizzie! You won't need very much, let it warm on the back of your hands or on your fingers before application, that'll thin it out a bit!

LizzieVereker Sun 02-Nov-14 11:23:15

It does smell horrid, like a sort of off honey smell. I now smell horrid. I feel like an elderly dowager bee who is wearing too much old bee perfume. However, I might persevere! Thank you all.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 02-Nov-14 11:48:18

Yes, it's Vaseline with a citronella fragrance. In very glad I only paid 8 quid for my jar!

aylesburyduck Sun 02-Nov-14 17:29:53

My DP loves 8 hr cream. I was very lucky and got a sample tube off a consultant a year or so ago. I'm not keen on the smell but he swears by it.

missmargot Sun 02-Nov-14 17:31:18

Yep, looks gross and smells gross but works miracles for me. It even soothed healed a paper cut on my finger earlier.

LizzieVereker Sun 02-Nov-14 17:32:52

I'm glad someone likes it, and people seem to swear by the results. It just smells a bit stale to me. I might persevere.

UncrushedParsley Sun 02-Nov-14 17:32:58

You can get an unscented version. Last time I bought, was cheapest on Amazon.

LizzieVereker Sun 02-Nov-14 17:35:45

shock Parsley that is brilliant news, thank you. I'll have a look for that.

SirRaymondClench Sun 02-Nov-14 18:23:06

I like the smell but have no idea what to do with it.

What do you do with it?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 02-Nov-14 18:27:12

It's great for anything dry or chapped our flaky.

RainyLion Sun 02-Nov-14 18:30:26

I love mine. I use it all the time as a lip balm. I've got various tubes of different sizes plus the hand creme version is lovely too. I also put it on red/chapped hands in the winter.

UncrushedParsley Sun 02-Nov-14 19:38:31

Also works on weird rashes, cuticles, and fly-away hair ends..

buttercrumble Sun 02-Nov-14 19:42:26

I love the smell it's fantastic as a lip balm and lasts ages smile

Sparkletastic Sun 02-Nov-14 19:45:27

I love the medicinal smell but agree with others it's only really good for lips, elbows, feet, dry hands. Too gloopy for face.

noddyboulder Sun 02-Nov-14 21:07:37

Cures molloscum also! It's a foul smelling cream with many talents. God only knows what it is made from. Something fishy that has been boiled in the pits of hell?

frankietwospots Sun 02-Nov-14 21:28:49

It smells like fly spray to me but I wouldn't be without it. Best lip balm ever. And great when you get insect bites in summer. It works wonders.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now