Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used a hairdresser at home?

(3 Posts)
linnlrn Sat 01-Nov-14 23:54:17

Being really busy with work and the kids and all, my hair is an absolute mess and I really don't have time to go to the hairdresser. Has anyone had a hairdresser come to your house? How was it? How does it work? Im just a bit scared about letting a complete stranger in to do my hair whilst the kids are running around..

YoungJoseph Sun 02-Nov-14 08:05:08

Yes, done this for years and it's great although I miss the experience of going to a salon. However, it's a lot cheaper but then I only have a dry cut. She also cuts the DC's hair.

Ask around to find somebody. Our hairdresser cuts our hair in the kitchen, we all take turns and I clean the mess afterwards. I suppose if you want a wet cut you'd have to think how it would be done, presumably you would wash it before she turn up? But just ask once you've found somebody. Kids either watch telly or do their own thing, but are very at ease with her (she's great with them). I don't think they've ever been to a hairdresser's or barbers.

MissBeehiving Sun 02-Nov-14 08:14:28

I do this - my hairdresser left the salon I went to about five years ago and we went with her. It's a lot more convenient and cheaper - she does the whole family. She also colours my hair and cuts it wet. I don't miss the faffing about in a salon at all.

Presumably other people come to your house to do stuff so it's no different to that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now