Talk

Advanced search

Best compact foundation?

(8 Posts)
cardamomginger Sat 01-Nov-14 17:01:48

Help!

Going on holiday first thing tomorrow and I've run out of my compact all-in-one foundation. We're flying from Heathrow so I can pick up something in duty free. I'm as white as a ghost, but pretty even skin and few imperfections. I like something to match my skin tone, rather than give me 'colour'. And I like something light - usually I apply with a powder brush to just give light coverage.

I can't replace my current one - it's by Molton Brown back in the day when they did (EXCELLENT!!!) make up. I stockpiled like mad....

So, what's good? Thank you!

LegoCaltrops Sat 01-Nov-14 17:05:30

Apparently Estee Lauder do good makeup for us pale types & there is a compact all in one foundation in their range. The prices made me a bit shock though. Would love to see any other recommendations.

cardamomginger Sat 01-Nov-14 17:08:31

Thanks! I love Laura Mercier products, but I don't think I can get them in Heathrow. Ester lauder should be a good bet though!

cardamomginger Sat 01-Nov-14 17:08:52

Ester??? Estee.

Lndnmummy Sat 01-Nov-14 17:36:37

Guerlain has a lovely one

cardamomginger Sat 01-Nov-14 21:21:00

Thanks. Hopefully between EL and G should find something in Duty Free smile.

CointreauVersial Sat 01-Nov-14 21:59:18

Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish. It's a powder foundation with a little grinder which shaves off just enough loosen powder to apply. It is lovely stuff, and definitely available in the Duty Free.

cardamomginger Tue 04-Nov-14 14:15:59

Bought the EL in Fresco and I love it!! Thank you so much Lego!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now