Talk

Advanced search

So annoying when you spend a fortune at the hairdressers

(6 Posts)
Onedropoflove Sat 01-Nov-14 16:48:38

And she only tickles the ends. I don't know if £58 is a lot but my peri menopausal hair needs some work on it it's getting so fine. I went to Aveda, loved the massage and pampering but, bloody hell, half and inch off? I can bearly notice the difference in length. Lovely blow dry but, still? Maybe I'm turning into my mother who thinks that the sign of a good hair cut is when the hairdressers teks most of it off and people can tell you've had it done!

saintsandpoets Sat 01-Nov-14 16:53:07

Did you tell her how much you wanted to loose?

'Just a trim' usually results in a very slight cut at a good salon, because lots of women/girls who have spent years growing long, celeb style hair complain that hairdressers take too much off.

saintsandpoets Sat 01-Nov-14 16:54:25

*Lose! Sorry! I can't type today.

Greengardenpixie Sat 01-Nov-14 17:01:09

I had my hair done today. It cost me £51. Cut and blow and about 1 inch off. I did have a treatment and a head massage. As for my hair, got a sweeping side fringe..it looks nice but annoys me so hence the post for a clasp that i can pin it back. I do like it though but not that much difference except for the fringe.

Onedropoflove Sat 01-Nov-14 17:25:57

Well she told me that if I was growing it there was no point in touching the layers. I have curly semi frizzy hair which blow dries beautifully so I'm told I can never be bothered to do it myself and a long fringe on the side. She never touched the fringe. She showed me a good two inches of hair measurement and adjective me if I wanted that much. It was nowhere near that much. She practically just did the ends and gave me a good blow dry. She was a proper funky hairdresser as well, she probably looked at me post nights and thought Eileen from Corrie.

Greengardenpixie Sat 01-Nov-14 17:33:05

Eileen from corrie lol...well my hair is long ..like down past my shoulders and i have a have that side fringe thingy..but i went to the supermarket after and OMG it was doing my head in. Its lovely though, she kind of curled the ends with the brush. It feels bouncy..but sadly it never lasts. Its a ridiculous price isnt it really for what they do. Definitly dont think that it was worth the money. I always feel shortchanged when i come out. I rarely go tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now