Talk

Advanced search

M & Co...is it just me?

(10 Posts)
UncrushedParsley Sat 01-Nov-14 16:34:16

Or has it gone downhill over the past year or so? Last few times I've been in, I've been unable to find anything that grabbed me. Stock seems to be lots of tops in man-made fabrics, and over-priced.

CarpeJugulum Sat 01-Nov-14 16:39:45

Not just you, but I still find their straight leg jeans the best about.

WhoKnowsWhereTheSlimeGoes Sat 01-Nov-14 16:45:21

Ours has always been like that? It opened about 8 years ago, I think I have bought one thing in there that hasn't ended up being taken back (although to balance that slightly the dress I did keep is one of the most complimented pieces of clothing that I own).

Letthemtalk Sat 01-Nov-14 16:49:21

Some of their kids stuff is OK. I used to be able to find the odd thing there which I liked, but nothing in the past year or so.

itsnothingoriginal Sat 01-Nov-14 16:55:49

It's one of the only clothes shops in our local town so we don't have much choice! Bought some relatively decent dresses and work wear from there but recently been flabbergasted by the prices!! They seem to have regular 20% off so I think they just hike the rrp so they can discount it. Very annoying. Kids stuff is ok but again, ludicrously expensive given the quality of it.

Hairylegs47 Sat 01-Nov-14 17:01:36

I agree it used to be really good. The quality was always far better than other shops of the same ilk.
We have one here - in the Middle East - that is much better. It's like the one back home, but from a few years back.

DanceToJoyDivision Sat 01-Nov-14 17:06:21

The branch in my town has always been like that - some of the kids clothes are OK but I very rarely find anything for myself.

UncrushedParsley Sat 01-Nov-14 17:40:34

Glad I'm not on my own here! Saw a very average looking, nylony-looking black jacket. Twas 85 Earth Pounds!

JemimaMuddledUp Sat 01-Nov-14 20:01:12

M&Co has always been a bit hit and miss, but I find that when they are good they are very good. I wore the plum cord 60s style tunic I bought from there to death last winter, and I've just bought the same style in teal with their 25% off promotion this weekend. I didn't see anything else I fancied though, although I love their jeans.

PurplePidjin Sat 01-Nov-14 20:05:53

I had an absolute ton of lovely stuff for ds when he was small (he's nearly 2). In the last year, they've trebled the price but kept the Primark quality as well as succumbing to the awful "sludge for boys, flouro pink for girls" tripe sad

<harks back to their 90s hey day as McKays>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now