Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Yet another bra size thread...

(9 Posts)

Have been reading with fascination some of the bra intervention threads and decided to have a go at measuring myself the new way.

34" under bust (possibly 34.5")
50" round fullest part of bust when bending over and letting it all dangle...

I make that sixteen inches difference... Do they make bras that size? I've been kind of pootling around in 38FFs for a while but was experiencing the usual multiplying boob syndrome, back pain, chafing, boobs in strange places blah blah blah.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

goodasitgets Sat 01-Nov-14 00:51:10

I would try a 34KK and possibly a 34L
Bravissimo do those sizes, I'm a 34K ish and I don't look that big. I like Ewa Michalak bras but bravissimo probably best to get an idea of size first

IneedAwittierNickname Sat 01-Nov-14 00:53:27

Was also going to suggest bravisimo.

Bizarrely I also decided to measure myself this evening. Apparently I'm a 44gg.
I've been wearing a 48dd.

Thanks, I'll have a look at the website and see what they have in those sizes. I'm hoping if I get a better fitting bra it will help with making me look a bit less frumpy than I currently do!

I ordered a 34kk online, tried it on and it was awful! My boobs appeared to fall in the bottom of the cups and there was acres of fabric flapping loose at the top, which makes me think the kk is totally wrong. The 34 band felt fine, so I'm assuming I will have to go down the cup sizes until I find something right.

Guess I am going to have to go and visit an actual bra shop - I was so hopeful that I could just sort it out online!

At larger cup sizes measuring becomes harder as there is more variance in how the breast tissue can distribute itself. Did you have a very good scoop though? I put a bra on yesterday which looked like a comedy bra but once I'd scooped it fitted fine...for some of us it makes a huge difference! On the plus side, of the KK is too big in the cup it's actually a bonus as the number of bras available drop off considerably as cup size increases - just looking at Bravissimo they have 3 34L, 4 34KK, 32 34Ks and 55 34Js. So every cloud and all that!

I'd have had to scoop my thighs into the cups to have filled them!

I just hate going bra shopping so had hoped I could do it online instead, but I will be a noble martyr sensible and go to an actual shop for a try on session. (Can't afford to order a huge number of bras just for trying on purposes)

MotherOfNations Sat 08-Nov-14 13:39:57

it could be that a balconette style would suit you better. I can't wear full cup bras or I have the gaping g fabric problem too.

OOAOML Sat 08-Nov-14 13:46:48

I am a 34J and it is very much dependent on manufacturer - there are some that just don't fit me, and I find it too much of a risk to order without trying on. I'm fortunate to work really near a Bravissimo. Which reminds me I should go back as the ones I have are now quite old and stretched and really not fitting properly any more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now