Talk

Advanced search

so tell me what order I apply these face products

(9 Posts)
Pancakeflipper Fri 31-Oct-14 22:16:33

I am working on a new face care regime but confused to what order I slop stuff over my face. Is it?

1. Serum, eye cream, moisturiser
2. Serum, moisturiser, eye cream
3. Eye cream, serum, moisturiser

Or none of the above?

calzone Fri 31-Oct-14 22:26:26

Ha!

Was going to post this too.

Spent £48 on Clinique stuff and no idea what to do! gringrin

Smitten1981 Fri 31-Oct-14 22:29:57

I'd do serum, moisturiser,eye cream. Serum always has to be first, but I don't think it matters too much which order the other two go on.

Catsmamma Fri 31-Oct-14 22:30:01

since I decided to live dangerously and mix my tinted BB cream with my normal moisturiser, a nd daub them on as one, I shall also sit and wait quietly for proper advice.

<waits quietly>

aylesburyduck Sat 01-Nov-14 07:35:12

Always apply serum first - the rule of thumb is lightest product goes on first and plus you want maximum results from your serum so stick that on, let it sink in and then moisturise.
Up to you which order you do moisturiser and eye cream, I usually put eye cream on first though no idea why though

Clarabumps Sat 01-Nov-14 08:50:23

Me too duck Serum, then eye cream then moisturiser.

Kundry Sat 01-Nov-14 08:55:36

In order of most active ingredients:

Eye cream, serum, moisturiser.

Although you don't actually need a special eye cream and after serum you may not need a moisturiser. Which would leave you with : serum shock

It would also leave the beauty companies out of pocket which is why their regimes require so may steps.

Sparkky Sat 01-Nov-14 09:25:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pancakeflipper Sat 01-Nov-14 10:37:44

Thank you... going for the serum/eye/moisturiser.

I really do an eye cream and after 1 weeks it's making such a difference. Dark circles and lines reduced.

Though spotted major flaw in my new regime this morning... realised for the last week I have been moisturizing day and night with cleansing cream. Brain fail...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now