Talk

Advanced search

Can this alteration be done to my coat?

(6 Posts)
Valsoldknickers Fri 31-Oct-14 19:26:33

I bought a lovely coat from asos which arrived today. Unfortunately the sleeves are too long for me. They are effectively like sleeves on a biker jacket (zips at the cuff).

Does anyone know if the sleeves can be shortened while keeping the zips? Ideally I would prefer the zips to be moved up the shortened sleeve so they maintain their length.

I am just wondering if it will be too big a job and should I just send it back to asos for a refund thlsad

Thanks in advance.

mowglik Fri 31-Oct-14 19:30:02

Sleeves are normally shortened at the top aren't they? I'm sure if you take it to a seamstress they can do that

Valsoldknickers Fri 31-Oct-14 19:39:08

I did speak to one and asked her that very question and she told me no.

I get exactly what you mean though mowglik because surely a man's suit jacket (for example) would be taken up from shoulder so as not to ruin the cuffs

TheCraicDealer Fri 31-Oct-14 19:54:01

I'd imagine if you did do it that way it would cost you. If it was pricey and you think you'll get the wear out of it for a good few years then go for it, but if it's a fifty quid number i'd be sending it back.

cardoon Fri 31-Oct-14 20:00:11

I had a jacket taken up at the shoulder to shorten the sleeves, cost £30 and you would never know it had been altered.

mowglik Fri 31-Oct-14 20:05:43

That's a shame, ask another seamstress? I've had dresses altered to three quarter Length sleeves and they always did it this way

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now