Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bra help please!

(8 Posts)
DirtyWeeRascal Fri 31-Oct-14 17:35:42

I have just had a soul destroying day trying to find a new bra and wondered if anyone could help?? My 32C nursing bras are now baggy in the cups (and no longer required) and I am desperate to find a well fitted, supportive bra which gives the illusion that my lovely full breastfeeding boobs are still here!

I measure 31 under bust and 33 over, so I tried on lots of 32Bs and 30Cs today (is that right?). The 30 back felt very tight but the 32 was comfortable. The t-shirt style bras felt comfortable but I looked very flat chested in them while the moulded/ padded/ balconette styles were all gapey at the top.

Help! What size/ style should I be trying?

Furball Fri 31-Oct-14 17:38:32

measure yourself as per this guide

post them here and one of the MN bra gurus will be along soon smile

DirtyWeeRascal Fri 31-Oct-14 17:50:21

Thanks I measure 31 under bust and 33 over bust

MrPickles123 Fri 31-Oct-14 19:39:31

I has a bra fitting recently and was wearing a 32c, got measured as a 30d or 28e oops, main thing i wanted to say is that back band should be tight as it supports your back.

I wore my new bra today and couldn't get used to how tight the back band was. If your anything like me, you've probably been wearing the back and too loose for years! I have a pigeon chest, I mean the boobs are quite wide apart and tend to wear balconette style.

DirtyWeeRascal Fri 31-Oct-14 20:12:26

Thanks, maybe I should stick with the 30 back then

MrPickles123 Fri 31-Oct-14 20:35:17

My back band is tight, but no uncomfortably if that makes sense.

Your measurements suggest trying a 30C, 30B, 32B and 32A. Which bras were you trying today i.e. which brands?

You'll find T shirt bras/anything moulded quite difficult to get a good fit in as they just can't adapt to your shape. I'd suggest looking for something like a half cup as then the loss of upper fullness (thanks to kids normally!) is less of an issue.

DirtyWeeRascal Fri 31-Oct-14 21:34:48

Sorry not sure how to link but it was bras like these I was trying on

http://m.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_152010321633_-1

I always thought you had to have a bit more cleavage than I have to wear a half cup bra but I will give them a go! Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now