Talk

Advanced search

Best leggings ever?

(30 Posts)
Ashwagandha Fri 31-Oct-14 16:41:46

I'm in the market for some really good leggings. I want to wear them with tunic type things that are a bit too long to be a top worn with jeans, but a bit too short to be a dress with tights. Who can recommend some excellent leggings? Thick enough to not show your knickers; thin enough not to wrinkle or bunch. Preferably nice to the touch and available in a range of colours (would really like some nice plum ones as well as black or grey). I'm finding that the ones I used to wear pre-DC don't work anymore as the waist band comes to just under the c-section overhang - not a good look! I don't want to spend a million quid but am happy to pay good money for good leggings - just need the help to find them!

rookiemater Fri 31-Oct-14 16:45:55

Boden ones seem to be of good quality and don't bag. Not overly expensive either.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Fri 31-Oct-14 16:54:34

Ive always found the H&M ones to be excellent (both the maternity and non maternity ones).

LeoandBoosmum Fri 31-Oct-14 17:46:41

People here rave about Sainsbury's luxury leggings but I've not tried them. I have seen them instore in black and navy, not sure about plum. They come in different lengths. Also, no experience again, but the reviews are good and they come in loads of colours (I will say that I've tried their tights and they're fab!):
www.whitestuff.com/page/find/?name=leggings&x=0&y=0
Re White Stuff: If you like them on FB today I think you get a 15% off code emailed to you smile
Oh, and it's 25% off Sainsbury's clothing right now (maybe til Sunday?)

dun1urkin Fri 31-Oct-14 20:43:54

Topshop heavyweight. No doubt about it!

Ashwagandha Fri 31-Oct-14 21:28:46

Thanks. I had that Boden's were good, but just had a look on their website and the recent reviews are not brilliant.
Will try to check out H&M and Topshop. Sainsbury's sounds good, but I've never seen clothes in a Sainsbury's shop before, only food, and they don't seem to be available online. I suppose they must be in the bigger stores? May have to investigate.
Thanks again.

rubyflipper Fri 31-Oct-14 21:33:13

Sainsbury's luxury leggings - the £10 ones. Nice high waist to hold me in and they wash v well.

VivaLeBeaver Fri 31-Oct-14 21:42:16

Next. They're about £18

VivaLeBeaver Fri 31-Oct-14 21:43:30

Ponte leggings they're called.

ChablisLover Fri 31-Oct-14 21:45:07

Boden- they hold you in really well and are really thick

Or mint velvet are good too

Eastpoint Fri 31-Oct-14 21:48:23

River Island have a good pair, nice wide smoothing waist band.

YouThinkImUgly Fri 31-Oct-14 21:52:14

American Apparel, just the standard cotton ones (high waisted) are excellent. Pricey but last forever and are brilliantly thick yet stretchy.

LeoandBoosmum Sat 01-Nov-14 03:10:53

Chablis, I once tried Mint Velvet leggings (and I used their size guide so I know I got the recommended size for me) and they almost cut my blood supply off getting them on! I am a size 10, sometimes and 8 and I doubt a size 6 could have got the MV I bought on without difficulty. sad

ChablisLover Sat 01-Nov-14 16:11:37

Really Leo??
I have no complaints about them though

rumtumtugger Sat 01-Nov-14 16:18:56

American Apparel

rookiemater Sat 01-Nov-14 18:29:22

I had the same experience as Leo, got the size recommended for me and could scarcely get them on, might have been good quality though I can't remember.

newtonupontheheath Sat 01-Nov-14 19:19:32

My hush ones are fab. Quiet long though. Had them about 9months, still look brand new and thicker than some primark jeans I've had!

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sat 01-Nov-14 19:24:32

Another vote for Sains luxury leggings. 25% off this weekend. c£10 normally.

Hold their shape and colour.

I got some great plains ones in the sale and have worn them non-stop, they've worn and washed really well with no signs of wear

RudyMentary Sat 01-Nov-14 19:35:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsGuyFawkesofGisbourne Sat 01-Nov-14 19:40:38

oooh, so pleased to find this thread! Last year resorted to buying skater pants form the States - £££ [tflsad]

HolyQuadrityDrinkFeckArseGirls Sat 01-Nov-14 19:44:29

Uniqlo

Flowersandvegatables Sat 01-Nov-14 19:44:37

These are great from Zara in grey

Coumarin Sun 02-Nov-14 02:35:20

I like the Hush ones. Especially the dark grey. Nice change from black. Very thick and not shiny. Long but I quite like the gathered look it gives at the ankles.

Not keen on the waist though. They'd be better with a thicker waist band so they didn't dig in after sitting for a while. (I 'road tested' them during an 8 hour flight.)

newtonupontheheath Sun 02-Nov-14 13:07:00

Yeah the waistband is a bit diggy. Thought it was just me blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now