Talk

Advanced search

Canyon on my face

(7 Posts)
Cindereleanor Fri 31-Oct-14 16:27:10

Wrinkle doesn't cover it...

I've always been pretty chilled out about my appearance (not code for I look like a troll and don't care, just that I rarely wear much make up and haven't spent a lot of time thinking about it or worrying about ageing etc until now iyswim).

BUT...I have a deep line between my eyebrows which has developed quickly in the last few years and I can't pretend it doesn't bother me anymore. It's not even central. hmm

I am 31, have good but slightly sensitive skin and very few other lines. I use the no7 serum and a light moisturiser, which seems to suit my skin fine.

Short of actual polyfiller, I'm not sure a skincare product, ££ or not, can undo a deep line? So realistically, what do people do who don't want to live out their days either bring told not to frown or with a heavy eyelash-skimming fringe?

GeorgieB89 Fri 31-Oct-14 18:56:21

Could you bear botox and filler? I'm not one to usually recommend injectables but I had the same frown line from my early 20s, which made me look permanently cross. Anyway, had Botox and small amount of filler and I think it retrained my muscles not to frown - the line hasn't reappeared despite the Botox and filler being long gone. You're right, though, no cream is going to help.

Cindereleanor Fri 31-Oct-14 19:07:42

That's interesting, I thought botox was very much a temporary effect. God, I hoped I'd never be as vain as to be considering modifying my given face thlsad

I'm not entirely sure what fillers actually are, though know of their existence and can guess.

Maybe I could cultivate a monobrow instead if I tried hard enough....!

peasandlove Fri 31-Oct-14 21:47:05

botox is the only thing. No cream is going to fix that. Sorry

Marylou2 Fri 31-Oct-14 23:02:30

Botox is your friend in this situation. Don't waste one more penny on creams that don't work and get yourself to an experienced doctor. Your lines will disappear as if by magic.

Floisme Fri 31-Oct-14 23:25:50

I recommend jowls - much cheaper than Botox and I guarantee you'll never notice your lines again.

peasandlove Sat 01-Nov-14 00:21:11

I don't see botox for a frown as modifying your face. It wont look any different except more relaxed and happier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now