Talk

Advanced search

I want a fringe cut in

(6 Posts)
CecyHall Fri 31-Oct-14 13:21:15

But I want it to face forward and not keep reverting back to my middle parting, which has happened before.

Is this inevitable for a while or was it a bad cut?

squoosh Fri 31-Oct-14 13:55:49

You need to ask for a heavier fringe to give it a bit of weight. And then watch some youtube videos on how to blowdry a fringe so it sits properly.

ClaraDeLaNoche Fri 31-Oct-14 15:37:06

Yes to Squoosh. Sometimes hairdressers do it all wispy. Instead it needs to be bold and heavy. You will love it. Plus when I had one some days I would just wash the fringe instead of the whole barnet and it looked fab.

Cheesymonster Fri 31-Oct-14 15:57:21

Blow dry it to the left then right with a paddle brush and keep repeating the left and right movement until completely dry. This will "train" it not to part in the middle and get rid of kinks. Blow dry it when wet, don't let it start to air dry.

CecyHall Fri 31-Oct-14 16:35:51

Cool, thank you all- Im so scared of the hairdressers but need to change things up a bit so I need to bite the bullet and go for it!

mixedpeel Sat 01-Nov-14 08:19:28

Yup, another who can vouch for the above methods. I've got hair that likes to part in the middle, coupled with an enormo-cowlick, and have been able to achieve a great heavy fringe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now