Talk

Advanced search

Black Friday offers

(8 Posts)
Spidergirl8 Fri 31-Oct-14 13:18:23

Black Friday us creeping up. There were some great bargains last year. Does anyone know any spoilers or links to more information in advance of November 28th??!

Deathraystare Fri 31-Oct-14 15:12:21

That sounds like a "American" thing. Is it?

ZaraW Fri 31-Oct-14 15:19:20

Never heard of Black Friday either.

TheCraicDealer Fri 31-Oct-14 16:09:02

Last year a few US-based retailers (Amazon, GAP, ASDA) did decent discounts here as well - linky. A google says John Lewis are doing it this year too.

santamarianovella Fri 31-Oct-14 16:17:05

In the uk it's cyber Monday I think?
But you can get some great deals on shopbop and revolve clothing, on Black Friday

ZaraW Fri 31-Oct-14 17:16:46

www.bbc.com/news/business-25110953

I find the alternative "Buy Nothing Day" far more appealing especially after watching the attached link

Spidergirl8 Fri 31-Oct-14 19:15:53

Yes Lewis' did some great deals last year. Amazon too.

I agree that it is all very materialistic Zara, but in the run up to Christmas it's good to be able to buy gifts on offer. I only shopped online though, couldn't face the shops as I believe it becomes rather manic!

santamarianovella Fri 31-Oct-14 21:30:32

I really like watching all those people camping outside places like best buy and Walmart,and once the stores open they rush in and all the workers high five them! For me,it's the start of Christmas grin,

But in the US you really save a lot on these shopping events,so it's a good option to buy your christmas presents on Black Friday or cyber Monday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now