Talk

Advanced search

Could you help me find a dress please

(6 Posts)
TwoInTheMourning Fri 31-Oct-14 11:59:45

I'd like a pretty autumny dress I can wear with calf boots, nothing too girly as I'm mid 40's, nothing polyester. Well fitting and that falls on the knee (I am short so sometimes what looks above the knee on the model is perfect for me), preferably with sleeves so I don't have to wear a cardigan.

I like this www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Oasis+Feather+Print+Plait+Neck+Dress/209819490,default,pd.html

and this
www.pinterest.com/pin/30047522489485210/

Although I feel both would be too short for me plus the second one doesn't have sleeves, but that gives you an idea of what I'm after.
Thank you so much.

Beagadorsrock Fri 31-Oct-14 12:12:26

I swear by Anthropologie, though you have to be canny and wait for sales/targeted discounts

Full price - silk
www.anthropologie.eu/anthro/product/clothing-dresses/7130445188611.jsp#/

www.anthropologie.eu/anthro/product/clothing-dresses/7130425409292.jsp#/

I just got myself this in the sale, the colours are fantastic and very autumnal
www.anthropologie.eu/anthro/product/sale-clothing/7130425404001.jsp#/

TwoInTheMourning Fri 31-Oct-14 12:24:35

Thank you Beaga. All three are gorgeous. I know the shirtdress wouldn't suit me, I don't know why but shirt dresses don't suit me at all, maybe because I am a pear-shaped curvy short size 10?
The blue one is a little too full on, stunning as it is. The one on sale is beautiful. What's it like on? Does it reach your knees and how tall are you?

Beagadorsrock Fri 31-Oct-14 13:00:21

I'm pear too, but 5.8 and usually size 16 so I got the xl, though I think I could have got the l. It's nice on, quite flowy and light, not nipped in at the waist though - covers post-baby belly but I'll wear a belt as I used to have a tiny waist and still feel the need for shaping.
With Anthropologie, you can generally find some American has posted a picture review somewhere and they also say how long they are
reviews.anthropologie.com/5310/4130580814001/pintura-silk-shift-reviews/reviews.htm

Beagadorsrock Fri 31-Oct-14 13:07:17

oh and it is about 3/4 down the thigh for me, but I had planned opaque tights anyway. They have 2 shops in London, with more random stuff on sale (they do weekly 'putting on sale'/new stuff in), so maybe best would be to visit a shop to try stuff on? They also have a good returns policy for full-priced items (90 days), a bit less so for sale items (14 days).

[I went a bit crazy with this store when I discovered it, can you tell?]

TwoInTheMourning Sun 02-Nov-14 15:12:23

That would be way too short for me, as lovely as it is. More suggestions anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now