Talk

Advanced search

Does anything get rid if stretch marks?

(16 Posts)
minifingers Thu 30-Oct-14 23:58:51

...once they've appeared? Red ones - quite dark?

minifingers Fri 31-Oct-14 07:15:19

Bump. Dd gutted about hers - wants me to buy her a derma roller thingy. Do they work?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 31-Oct-14 08:07:37

No, they'll fade though.

Chandon Fri 31-Oct-14 08:09:04

No.

But they fade

minifingers Fri 31-Oct-14 08:26:12

That's what I keep telling her, but I'm her mum and I know nothing.

She's 15 and has a lot on her tummy. I don't think they look bad but I'm not 15....

avagosling Fri 31-Oct-14 10:52:00

You have to give the really good stretch mark oil by fushi a go

pinkpeoniesx Fri 31-Oct-14 11:40:14

Frank coffee scrub works wonders!!!! My stretch marks are still there (nothing will completely get rid of them), but the first time I used it they faded so much. You basically scrub all over then leave it on to dry for about 10 minutes and wash it off. They have an Instagram account with loads of before and after photos on it which is pretty impressive! It's @frankfeedback smile

Fabulassie Fri 31-Oct-14 15:33:34

I think derma rolling does work, but it's very painful. I've had it done on my face and even with the numbing gel it hurts like hell.

However, it does work on stretch marks and pock marks. It just takes quite a few painful treatments.

Nope. But they'll fade. Bio oil is meant to be good for helping to fade them, no idea if it does really help though

peasandlove Fri 31-Oct-14 19:10:45

I think most girls get them in their teens. I had them all over my hips and breasts but they are now faded so you cant see them.

MrsLettuce Fri 31-Oct-14 19:20:40

Poor petal, it's all so damned hard at that age. Have you reminded her that she's not here for decoration?

Coffee scrub is fab stuff but I'd not be buying it, too cheap and easy to make. I've not tried it for lightening stretchmarks but it sounds like a physical impossibility, TBH. They will fade in time though.

molesbreath Fri 31-Oct-14 19:27:46

Poor thing. Can you afford to buy her the derma roll ? I doubt it will do much though ?

I spent £££ on strivectin cream when I read Victoria beck ham used it to alleviate hers. Can't say it did much good apart from lighten my purse - I'm older and wiser now and have fabulous dcs to console me for the fact that my stomach looks wrecked - but at 15 that's just shit....

NickyNoo2014 Fri 31-Oct-14 19:32:25

Bio Oil stopped my new stretchmarks in their tracks and faded all my old ones. I buy the 200ml bottles from Boots when they have the "buy one get one free" offer for £20. You have to be scrupulous about moisturising though, make sure you use it daily after every bath or shower.

Greengardenpixie Fri 31-Oct-14 20:43:10

Yes, lazer surgery most likely. I have had mine for 27 years. They have faded but put it this way, i have never been able to wear a bikini since i had my twins. Sorry sad

Kundry Fri 31-Oct-14 20:50:13

The teen ones fade really well by themselves.

Home dermaroller isn't deep enough to do anything, moisturising/bio oil just keeps you busy while they fade by themselves.

Sympathize though - I can remember being devasted when they appeared on my thighs as a teenager. They are invisible now though, think they went quite fast.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 31-Oct-14 22:06:13

Teen ones fade quicker and better than pregnancy ones ime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now