Talk

Advanced search

For those that don't like skinny jeans but want to move away from bootlegs..

(41 Posts)
Cocolepew Thu 30-Oct-14 22:51:39

Peacocks slim leg jeans are really nice.
A bargain at £14.

inconceivableme Thu 30-Oct-14 23:03:41

I've always rated Peacocks jeans. My favorite maternity pair were from there. Will check these out, thanks!

Stars66 Thu 30-Oct-14 23:06:13

If only there was a peacocks near me!

MsAspreyDiamonds Fri 31-Oct-14 01:00:57

I love my relaxed skinnies from next. They are slim leg & comfy without being spray on tight.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Fri 31-Oct-14 01:27:12

I would travel a long way for jeans that fit for £14 ! shock

Are they low slung? or vaguely approaching waist height? FX smile

vitaminC Fri 31-Oct-14 06:50:19

I finally gave in and bought a pair of boyfriend jeans this week and they look great!
I wasn't expecting to like them as all the straight jeans I've tried looked and felt rubbish, but these are really flattering AND comfortable smile

inconceivableme Fri 31-Oct-14 08:08:59

I really like boyfriend jeans too but the leg length and shape of my current pair make them hard to wear with winter shoes and boots. sad

ZaraW Fri 31-Oct-14 08:16:43

Another fan of boyfriends got mine from Zara and they are just as good if not better than a designer pair I spent loads on.

Iggly Fri 31-Oct-14 08:23:26

Thick leggings for when wearing boots - my god so comfy.

Straight legged jeans which are slim fit for days when you can wear shoes. Or ankle boots but only some styles IMO.

Chumhum Fri 31-Oct-14 08:33:59

www.peacocks.co.uk/lds-jean-slim-dnm-bar-d-blue.html These ones?

Cocolepew Fri 31-Oct-14 08:42:15

That's the ones, not low waisted either.

Cocolepew Fri 31-Oct-14 08:43:57

I'm 5'5 and got the short length. I do like to wear my jeans, a bit ankle skimming, I always wear hi tops, but these were longer than ankle length.

Bunbaker Fri 31-Oct-14 08:48:44

I always wer slim cut as skinny jeans are not flattering on me. I have a pair from Sainsburys and a pair of Levi demi curve.

Cocolepew Fri 31-Oct-14 10:23:00

I have a pair of Asda slim leg jeans, I always got compliments when I wore them.
They seemed to have shrunk in the wash though <ahem>blush

Cheesymonster Fri 31-Oct-14 10:40:17

Would slim leg jeans still tuck inside boots?

inconceivableme Fri 31-Oct-14 10:54:23

I also have Asda super skinny. They tuck in well yet aren't too tight / sprayed on.

returnvisit Fri 31-Oct-14 10:55:00

they look fab, whats the sizing like on them? are they big or true to size.?

they have 99p standard delivery this weekend!

squoosh Fri 31-Oct-14 11:35:06

I thought Peacocks had gone into liquidation a couple of years ago.

Cocolepew Fri 31-Oct-14 11:54:03

The sizing is good, Im just over a 14 hmm. The 14 fit well, they arent too stretchy which I like, really stretchy jeans start to creep down my legs confused.
I have them on today with brown biker boots and look lovely grin. They are very flattering.

Not sure about them tucking into boots, depends on the length of the boot I would say.

Cocolepew Fri 31-Oct-14 11:54:06

The sizing is good, Im just over a 14 hmm. The 14 fit well, they arent too stretchy which I like, really stretchy jeans start to creep down my legs confused.
I have them on today with brown biker boots and look lovely grin. They are very flattering.

Not sure about them tucking into boots, depends on the length of the boot I would say.

Cocolepew Fri 31-Oct-14 11:55:11

Oops.
They did go bust Squoosh, then one suddenly appearred in my town . Someone must have took them over.

carrielou2007 Fri 31-Oct-14 12:09:24

Our Peacocks never closed when all the other branches did, I found their maternity jeans (like these with an elastic bump bit) were fabulous and bought these after. Generous sizing but length not quite long enough for me so back to M and S 5 pocket jeggins in long. Very flattering slim fit I don't know how I managed without them for so long!

HermioneWeasley Fri 31-Oct-14 14:21:10

Thanks, I'm giving them a go!

ireallydontlikemonday Fri 31-Oct-14 14:22:51

I love the relaxed skinnies from next too, they are the best jeans I've ever hadgrin

101handbags Fri 31-Oct-14 14:50:23

Next relaxed skinnies have been brilliant in the past few years - sadly this year they are absolutely awful. They've changed the material to be a sort of soft non-denimy material which stretches like crazy. I tried a pair on in the shop and even the size 8 was falling off me (and I am size 12 in RL). I wish they would bring back last year's ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now