Talk

Advanced search

The perfect ankle boot?

(10 Posts)
PinkaColada Thu 30-Oct-14 22:27:28

Style gurus of style and beauty I need your help! After ignoring the ankle boot trend last year I now give in! I was out for lunch the other day with a big group of stylish (and fairly slim) ladies and they all had fab ankle boots on. I wanted to look as good as them! It's not easy though! Here are the criteria/issues: I am a short legged 5.4, size 12. I think I need wide ankle opening to make my legs look slimmer. I don't like lots of bling or buckles. They probably should be black or brown and have a heel suitable for everyday use. I can spend up to £100 or a tiny bit more.

Help me please!

PinkaColada Fri 31-Oct-14 08:48:29

Bumping in the hope someone can give me pointers before today's shopping trip!

peasandlove Fri 31-Oct-14 09:13:17

try Hudson, I like quite a few of their styles
kiver kiver

HappydaysArehere Fri 31-Oct-14 09:22:02

Love Hotters boots. Extreme comfort and various styles. Lived in their ankle boots last year and getting them out again. They are on line if you haven't got a Hotters Shop. They are doing buy two get third free at moment. They are made in the UK so great for them and me.

yazzy85 Fri 31-Oct-14 09:25:58

Next have some lovely ankle boots at the moment

Thisghosttrainisreversing Fri 31-Oct-14 09:26:16

I have chunky legs and thought ankle boots wouldn't suit me either but I tried on a pair in Tesco with skinny jeans turned up and they looked good. The turn up added a bit of bulk above the boot which balanced it out. So I bought them smile

They also look good with a slouch sock just visible between the boot and jeans, the sock works the same way by balancing out.

I'll find a pic of the boots because I love them.

Thisghosttrainisreversing Fri 31-Oct-14 09:27:38

These are them.

PinkaColada Fri 31-Oct-14 09:56:06

Thanks all! Liking the sock idea, very cunning grin. The Hudson's look like they have a good ankle gap. Definitely on the look out for those. As for the Tesco ones, I need to go food shopping today and it would be rude not to have a look!wink
Thanks all! Any more suggestions gratefully received!

PinkaColada Fri 31-Oct-14 16:10:45

Help! Went to collect the hudsons, but they were all faded to different degrees. Is this how they should be?!

mowglik Fri 31-Oct-14 16:13:44

i really like the rieker bernadette one someone posted on here about before - looks like it would work with most outfits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now