Talk

Advanced search

Foundation help

(2 Posts)
TalesOfTheCity Thu 30-Oct-14 22:17:10

I seldom wear make-up so when I buy foundation, it tends to be £10 stuff from Revlon, Bourjois or L'Oreal. I thought I might splash out a bit tomorrow, but I won't have a lot of time and can just really go to the large Boots near me - they have Clinique, Lancome, Clarins, Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent and others.

I'm 40, with "combination skin" (I think. I get occasional small pimples and have slightly oily skin on my nose) and want a foundation that has good coverage, but that doesn't dry out or look too matt.

Any recommendations?

izzybizzybuzzybees Fri 31-Oct-14 01:37:48

I have similar skin but I'm slightly younger than you (30) but I reckon with the same skin type we'd like similar foundations. A few I've liked are the dior airflash I think it was called. It's in an aerosol, expensive and didn't last long but was lovely. The ysl touche foundation which has a brush on the end was nice but a bit too dewy for me. I then fell in love with Estee Lauder double wear which is fantastic. I wore that for years but recently got colour matched at the no7 counter and bought their beautifully matte foundation. It's very similar to the Estee Lauder but doesn't have a grayish look in photos. I'm impressed and intend to repurchase which I don't usually do. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now