Talk

Advanced search

Big 14 with big tummy ? What do you wear that makes you feel good

(15 Posts)
felttippens Thu 30-Oct-14 21:03:24

So sick of feeling like a daily mess!! Especially tiday out shopping with my gorgeous 15 yr old, could of curled up and died!

Sparkle9 Thu 30-Oct-14 21:05:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

felttippens Thu 30-Oct-14 21:11:21

Really? What style and fit I ways fe pregnant !

Fairylea Thu 30-Oct-14 21:16:31

My favourite look at the moment is high waisted (to hold it all in) skinny jeans from primark together with a looser baggy type jumper with a vest top underneath.. I oversize the jumper by 2 sizes so it hangs off my shoulder slightly and shows the (coloured) vest top strap. I find the skinny jeans balance out the top and the shoulder detail detracts from the tummy. I wear biker type boots or converse with the jeans - I'm quite casual.

felttippens Thu 30-Oct-14 21:21:51

Fairy lea I like the sound of that and have tried it - think I need to go baggier on the jumpers as they tend to cling - where do you get the loose jumpers ?

MintChocAddict Thu 30-Oct-14 21:22:58

Fairylea are you me???

Same shape, same wardrobe! smile

I team my skinny jeans, Chelsea boots/converse with baggy jumper and vest top. Have recently discovered H&M long line vests and now have four grin

MintChocAddict Thu 30-Oct-14 21:24:04

Oh and my high waister jeans are from New Look. Hundreds of buttons to keep the tummy at bay!

MintChocAddict Thu 30-Oct-14 21:27:05

Treadingwater123

I got a couple of baggy slouchy tops/jumpers in TK Maxx.

Fairylea Thu 30-Oct-14 21:47:10

Oh I have jumpers from all over. .. current favourites are £6 one from primark (!) And some from yours... a couple from new look. I also really like h and m. I usually wear a 14-16 in dresses but with jumpers I always choose a 18 or sometimes even a 20 to get them to hang really well (in h and m I go for an XL).

Mint - grin ... h and m vests are fab. I also love m and s straight leg jeans - not quite so figure flattering as skinny ones but they have a nice stretch to them and seem to hold everything in quite well!!

summerlovingliz Thu 30-Oct-14 21:53:17

Definitely get some high waist skinnies, mine are from next and the difference it makes to your tummy is amaaaazing!

Sparkle9 Thu 30-Oct-14 23:05:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cocolepew Thu 30-Oct-14 23:11:54

I have boxy type jumpers from La Redoute. The have a zip up the back and hang nicely.
Definitely go for a bigger size in jumpers.
I also would wear a snood/infinity scarf hang around my neck to cover my belly if Im feeling podgy. I get them from Primark or sew my scarf ends together.

BobPatandIgglePiggle Thu 30-Oct-14 23:19:04

m.dorothyperkins.com/mt/www.dorothyperkins.com/en/dpuk/product/dresses-203543/day-dresses-1979038/green-heart-sweetheart-dress-3236178?bi=49&ps=24
I have a big tummy and wear this. DM said it hides it quite well

felttippens Sun 02-Nov-14 15:39:14

I went out yesterday and got nails and brows done to try and sort myself out - longline vests and slouchy jumpers next !

BlueberryMuffins76 Sun 02-Nov-14 22:23:23

The H&M longline vests are brilliant - £7 or thereabouts and like others I wear them under slouchy jumpers. Dresses and cardigans are good - I am a big 14 with all my weight on my hips, so often use belts and skater style dresses to pull me in a bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now