Talk

Advanced search

So difficult to find decent trousers!

(9 Posts)
boogiewoogie Wed 29-Oct-14 20:08:42

Seriously! Why does everything look like leggings, pyjama bottoms or jogging bottoms? I just want a decent pair of straight leg work trousers. None of this skinny fit rubbish! Yes, I am aware i may be looking in the wrong shops. I've been to: Topshop, Zara, Coast, Wallis, Monsoon, Fat Face, Jack Wills blush Hobbs, Debenhams and Viyella (another blush). So a wide range but none of them seem to have anything suitable. I am size 8 petite but am willing to go and get them hemmed up.

So mners who hate the skinny leg trousers/jeans, where do you buy your trousers from?

DorothyGherkins Wed 29-Oct-14 20:13:25

Have a look at Alexandra Workwear. Sensible washable fabrics, comfortable fit, in sensible work colours, black, grey, navy. Also do unfussy dresses and jackets, although I don't like their blouses as they are a bit synthetic - y. Have a look in their business, hospitality and beauty sections.

boogiewoogie Wed 29-Oct-14 20:20:46

Thanks Dorothy. I've just had a look. It looks quite serious!

niceupthedance Wed 29-Oct-14 20:24:52

I got my work trousers from Mango.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Wed 29-Oct-14 20:27:42

Mango sells great trousers, as do Gap (they sell straight ones) and Banana Republic.

TwoInTheMourning Wed 29-Oct-14 20:29:48

Jigsaw. Great trousers.

SunshineAndShadows Wed 29-Oct-14 21:49:23

Next - fail safe work trousers

Lilacflower Fri 31-Oct-14 14:05:06

I get mine from Sainsburys, really good quality and value.

YoungJoseph Fri 31-Oct-14 16:51:34

I posted about some earlier in the week...I too am petite and bought Gap Real Straight cropped black trousers and they fitted as a regular leg length on me (with extra length for heels).
HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now