Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Rosacea help?

(14 Posts)
Marcelinewhyareyousomean Wed 29-Oct-14 09:13:41

I've had poor health recently and am on a cocktail of medication and am on a diet low in vitamin K.

I have red patches and red prickly spots on my face and it's really getting me down.

Has anyone successfully had this treated?

Marcelinewhyareyousomean Sat 01-Nov-14 14:55:19

Has anyone used Elemis Redness Relief? I haven't taken antibiotics for two days and that seems to be helping a bit.

Chicksy Sat 01-Nov-14 20:10:58

Suffered from this for years. GP never took me seriously. I finally saw a dermatologist privately. He prescribed me Rosex cream. It has quite literally changed my life. I suffered for years and didnt need to.

Marcelinewhyareyousomean Sat 01-Nov-14 22:57:45

How did you find your dermatologist? It really bothers me and I really need it sorting.

MrsFlorrick Sun 02-Nov-14 01:04:30

Google for private dermatologist in your area.

GP can refer you but generally 12 week wait.

Very interesting bout low Vit K diet and your rosacea! I've read research about low levels of Vit K and rosacea symptoms before.

I would start with GP. Ask for rosex gel or cream, finacea gel or cream. Oral antibiotics (low dose long term ie 12 weeks).

At Boots you can get a cream called Dermalex for rosacea. For me it works better than any of the prescription stuff. My rosacea was very sore and red. Not many spots and quite dry. This stuff sorted it. The redness went down about 90%. Before my face was literally like this angry.

I also avoid silicones in makeup and products because they make it worse. It's as if my skin flares with it.

Very interested to hear about the low Vit k link though.

Marcelinewhyareyousomean Sun 02-Nov-14 08:57:10

I've been on a low vitamin K diet for an unrelated reason however Google says that vit K can cause rosacea and is in many skin products. I've heard of vitamins A and E in moisturisers and eye creams but not K.

I have been taking low dosage antibiotics for acne (mirena related). My skin is better in the three days since I've stopped taking them.

The spots are in my eyebrows and across my cheeks. They are red bumps and feel like nettle stings. This has become much worse after I started taking warfarin. angry face is awful.

I'll give your cream a go. thanks

Beautifullymixed Sun 02-Nov-14 09:47:32

OP I also have rosacea. Horrible isn't it sad
I managed to get mine under control using metronidazole gel from the gp, but what my skin really loves are natural oils. I cleanse using the OCM -and this alone can calm my skin, which at the end of the day I can feel starten to prickle and tighten. If not calmed, red pimples emerge.
Coconut oil, olive oil and argan oil are favourites. They soothe, smooth and moisturise beautifully. I wake up with glowing skin and less redness.
They also help with rashes under my boobs and in my armpits, and keep my bodily excema under control.
I will never be without them.

Marcelinewhyareyousomean Sun 02-Nov-14 12:10:02

I've used the Liz Earle hot cloth doodah. I'll give the ocm a go. thanks

I'm also off to Boots for some of that non prescription cream.

flux500 Sun 02-Nov-14 13:25:49

There is a treatment you can get from facial aesthetics places. Sorry I don't know what it's called but I do know that it works on thread veines etc and once give they don't come back.

Petitgrain Sun 02-Nov-14 13:30:12

I discovered, after years of experimentation and research, that my rosacea is caused by vitamin b6 supplements - stopped them and my daily multivitamin and it was gone within days.

Beautifullymixed Sun 02-Nov-14 14:09:16

That's interesting Petit as I take both vitamin b supplements and a multi vitamin daily. Doesn't affect my skin at all, or maybe helps- hard to tell. Rosacea is so up and down unfortunately.

CMOTDibbler Sun 02-Nov-14 14:13:57

After I realised I had rosacea, I started using the La Roche Posay stuff, and it really helped, but I've started using dermalex with Cetaphil cleanser, and I'm super pleased. I hadn't realised how swollen the end of my nose was getting until it started going down tbh

Marcelinewhyareyousomean Mon 03-Nov-14 16:33:29

Dermalex is discontinued in my local pharmacy. sad

I'll try a main Boots branch.

CMOTDibbler Mon 03-Nov-14 16:54:25

You can order it online with Boots and get it delivered next day to your local branch - I do this as my local is teeny

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now