Talk

Advanced search

Ladies snow boots

(25 Posts)
Flyus Tue 28-Oct-14 21:30:56

Hi,

I am looking for warm, waterproof snow boots. Can anyone make any good recommendations. I remember lots of people buying Merrells a couple of years ago. Do they live up to their pride?

Thanks

grumblepuss Wed 29-Oct-14 08:16:06

Sorel boots always look lovely. I'm always tempted to buy them for the 10mins of snow we get here.

WhoKnowsWhereTheSlimeGoes Wed 29-Oct-14 08:35:21

I bought Merrells last year (Yarra). Then it didn't snow here at all. However they did prove to be extremely warm, waterproof and comfortable, I was able to stand on the sidelines of hockey tournaments in the depths of winter for several hours in them and not get cold feet at all. Looking forward to getting them out again soon.

Bunbaker Wed 29-Oct-14 08:35:29

Sports Direct do a good range. I bought some last year, but they have never been out of their box.

MilkThistle187 Wed 29-Oct-14 09:48:10

My cousin lives in a ski resort and swears by Sorels. She gave me a pair last year, and while they're not the prettiest boots in the world they are amazingly warm and comfortable

HermioneDanger Wed 29-Oct-14 11:21:26

I have Merrell Prevoz from 3 years ago and they're still going strong. Waterproof, super warm and so comfortable - in fact when I broke a bone in my foot they were the only thing I could wear! I ski a couple of weeks each winter and they've been fine even in -20+ conditions watching the snow polo in Val d'Isere in January!

notoneforselfies Wed 29-Oct-14 11:29:22

I bought some gorgeous merrell's - decora minuet. Looked fab and super comfy. Sadly had to return as smallest size still too big for me but highly recommend them. Am just waiting delivery on some gorgeous timberland earth keeper mount holly boots so fingers crossed they're good. (I wanted leather ones that I can wear daily in winter for forest walks and about town too) Haven't tried sorel but they looked good. All my merrell boots in the past have been incredibly comfy and like trainers inside (ie proper spring insoles etc)

notoneforselfies Wed 29-Oct-14 11:30:09

The Surfdome website currently has 20% off boots and millets has a good selection too.

Flyus Wed 29-Oct-14 12:40:39

Thank you for all of your suggestions I will have a look at them all now. Will have a look now. It was the merrell decorated I was looking at. How high do they come up your calf?

notoneforselfies Wed 29-Oct-14 18:02:29

Do you mean Decora? They come up just slightly below mid calf. Quite a flattering length with jeans

TheFinalNamechange Wed 29-Oct-14 18:55:02

notone I was looking at those Timberlands online yesterday - any chance you can give an update when they arrive? They look so cosy.

QisforQcumber Wed 29-Oct-14 19:02:03

I have the timberlands. Fabulous boots! Perfect for Sunday morning muddy football pitches and freezing cold dog walks. I'm complimented on them regually so I think they look good but I equally get "evils" from other parents in less appropriate footwear. grin

notoneforselfies Wed 29-Oct-14 20:45:29

Well they arrived and I love them but have sent back for a half size up as they're sized quite small (and are fairly narrow) They look good though and fab quality! Will test them out on a long walk when the right size arrives.

notoneforselfies Wed 29-Oct-14 20:45:59

I got them in the grey leather from amazon btw.

Pompbear Wed 29-Oct-14 20:49:03

j have black/grey Teva Haley's - I love them size up but otherwise great

ireallydontlikemonday Wed 29-Oct-14 20:50:54

North face. Mine are amazing, and look good with skinnies. It's never bloody cold enough here though (I wear them when skiing).

TheFinalNamechange Wed 29-Oct-14 20:54:44

Thank you Q and notone that's really helpful..now just to decide on which colour to go for! I live in the mountains so not too worried about it not being cold enough that's for sure! Will have a look at the North Face ones too...decisions decisions.

NancyJones Wed 29-Oct-14 20:55:03

I love my merrell decora but I wouldn't call them snow boots. They're what I'd wear for most of the British winter.
I wear these in the snow.

notoneforselfies Wed 29-Oct-14 21:26:31

I got them in the dark brown... Looked good. Most of my trousers are blue denim, black or grey and it went with them all.

notoneforselfies Wed 29-Oct-14 21:27:26

Oops sorry - that was the merrell's. The timberland ones I got in dark grey.

brakespeare Wed 29-Oct-14 21:53:10

I love love love my merell boots.

I initially had ones with zips. The zips proved to be a point of weakness and ultimately one broke. Merrell replaced them with no quibbles one year later (apart from the zip they were like New). My feet are always dry and warm. They are so expensive but totally worth it!

Our local tk maxx have men's sorel boots by the way!

brakespeare Wed 29-Oct-14 21:54:25

Ps I've had mine on already!

Flyus Thu 30-Oct-14 18:30:16

Hi, I tried the Merrell Decoras on yesterday I don't think are as high as I would like but very comfortable. Will continue to look through your other suggestions. Thank you

notoneforselfies Fri 31-Oct-14 07:45:16

Took the timberlands (earth keeper mount holly) on a walk yesterday - super comfy and very very warm! (Too warm for this autumnal weather really but I wanted to test them out)

rikeralvin Sat 01-Nov-14 10:45:10

Try The North Face ... best collection of snow boots

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now