Talk

Advanced search

my 7 year old dd wants me and her to have the same jumper.... its the bloody boden penguin jumper!

(99 Posts)
magicpixie Mon 27-Oct-14 21:54:15

shes just seen it today in the Christmas

shes tall for her age so could get away just with age 9

magicpixie Mon 27-Oct-14 21:55:51

here

VoyagerII Mon 27-Oct-14 21:57:09

Aw that is actually quite nice that she wants that (am I being naive?)

I mean if you hate it you could maybe agree on a different "same jumper" but I think I might go with it if it was me (and I had the funds).

I am not a xmas jumper person but I do quite like that one.

No. There is no other answer to this, I'm afraid! Buy it for her, if you must, but no, no, no to an adult wearing a penguin jumper, let alone a penguin jumper to match the penguin jumper worn by a 9 year old. No. (You will thank me for this, btw!).

magicpixie Mon 27-Oct-14 21:58:10

this

and she actually want to team it with denim short and tights like in the picture......

VoyagerII Mon 27-Oct-14 22:00:06

OK no to the whole outfit! I'd consider wearing that jumper on xmas day with a longer layered vest over skinny jeans and boots. (Accessorised with an ironic grimace and oven gloves) and after that I'd keep it for loungewear.

magicpixie Mon 27-Oct-14 22:02:24

she actually only 7, but she's tall

she has also asked if she can have something to match with her baby brother who is 12months....

she said something like a matching blue hoody......

I've never heard of a 7 year old girl wanting to match with her baby brother or mother before

bloody silly catalogue coming through my door with its penguin jumpers

magicpixie Mon 27-Oct-14 22:04:16

the thing is I will be the one that looks like a nutter

she will look cute and adorable

I will look demented

amothersplaceisinthewrong Mon 27-Oct-14 22:04:35

Throw all Boden catalogues in the recycle bin immediatelyl.

And no, no no, to matching any outfit to that of a 7 year old.

VoyagerII Mon 27-Oct-14 22:05:58

Kitsch Xmas jumpers are very much the done thing these days you know. You will actually look fabulously "fashion-forward" (you just won't realise grin)

magicpixie Mon 27-Oct-14 22:06:46

well there is a picture of a reindeer, on the beach....

so that caught dds eye when it was on the mat when we arrived home today

she probably thought it was a toy catalogue or something

tippytappywriter Mon 27-Oct-14 22:07:21

Do it! (And make a YouTube video along the lines of Christmas Jammies.)

Waswondering Mon 27-Oct-14 22:07:27

Awww. Do it. Make a photo book too, with comments "dd begged us that we would all match this Christmas! Happy times!". Then keep photo book for 10-15 years, and remember her innocent childhood together! What's one jumper in the grand scheme of things?

magicpixie Mon 27-Oct-14 22:07:55

even the model wearing it in the catalogue is actually cringing

honestly the face says it all.....

vestandknickers Mon 27-Oct-14 22:08:23

Sweet that she wants to, but NO!!!

Nobody should match their 7 year old and nobody in their right mind would spent £40 on a jumper for a 7 year old.

Please get a grip! grin

Waswondering Mon 27-Oct-14 22:08:38

Then in 15 y time, remove your perfect, never wearing out Boden jumper from the back of your wardrobe, to screams of laughter and fond memories!

magicpixie Mon 27-Oct-14 22:15:39

why do you think this is sweet that she wants to?

I suppose she would suggest yellow tights to wear under the shorts...

Riverland Mon 27-Oct-14 22:16:07

Definitely be a sport with good grace, and do it. SOH essential!

How often will she be a 7 year old at Christmas?! Awwww.
Get a good pic taken together by the tree, wearing your penguins with pride, frame it. You'll so all treasure it when you're older.

VoyagerII Mon 27-Oct-14 22:20:37

I don't know it says something about how she sees you and it's a very heartwarming way of expressing affection. My DD is 4 so even more unlikely to find something that would fit us both, but if she asked me this I'd be really touched.

<soft in the head>

VoyagerII Mon 27-Oct-14 22:21:44

I wouldn't go out dressed to match my kids every day you understand that would look bonkers but as a silly christmas thing it's fun.

Bowlersarm Mon 27-Oct-14 22:28:27

Of course it's sweet. Personally, I think you need to oblige.

magicpixie Mon 27-Oct-14 22:29:53

oh bloody hell you lot have talked me into it

I cannot believe this!!

I am only wearing it in my house in xmas day though

I'm going to look like one of those idiot mothers that say, oh we are more like sisters or best friends aren't we.....

but I can see what your saying that it would be a very funny photo to look back on
just not a public one !
or certainly not for you tube!

I suppose it is quite sweet that she wants to

So you're prepared to pay nearly £80 for a photo-opportunity????????????????????? Sorry, but that is bonkers imvho.

VoyagerII Mon 27-Oct-14 22:32:24

OMG don't pay full price OP get off that Boden page now!!! Wait for a juicy offer, Johnnie will be throwing them at you shortly.

VoyagerII Mon 27-Oct-14 22:34:46

Also, if she's 7 and you get her a 9 and she likes it, it should get plenty of use for her, and you could keep yours for lounging/wearing with pjs or if you don't like it, you will get plenty for it on ebay.

Yes, Boden is not cheap and I wouldn't do it if you can't afford it, but there is no way it has to be "£80 for one day".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now