Talk

Advanced search

Bra size for DD age 11

(10 Posts)
willowisp Mon 27-Oct-14 20:49:07

Could you help me with bra sizes for my DD please ?

We can't get to the shops so have measured her myself. She's 26 1/4 rib age & 28 inches at fullest part. A bra calculator has her as a 30A which seems a bit odd ?

At these measurements I'm not quite sure a bra would fit, but feel she is a little past the cropped top stage ? Sob

If it existed, she's be about a 26B. They don't really exist, sadly! I'd probably try a 28A. The calculator you found is obviously doing the old +4 thing.

hugoagogo Mon 27-Oct-14 21:35:51

M&S sell girls's bras in a 28A which might do.

Their Angels range do a nice bra/crop top with a bit more support, but still comfy I'll see if I can find it...

hugoagogo Mon 27-Oct-14 21:40:33

darn it sold out

willowisp Mon 27-Oct-14 22:28:38

Thanks for pointers. Looking at the m&s website, they have a few options which are a cross between a bra & cropped top, so have ordered a couple of those. These also come in age rather than size. Not sure she's quite ready the right size for an actual bra confused.

Have also ordered her a sports cropped top as she runs a lot.

LadyIsabellaWrotham Mon 27-Oct-14 22:32:37

John Lewis have some quite good bra/crop top compromises for that age group.

MsIngaFewmarbles Mon 27-Oct-14 22:35:45

Can't recommend John Lewis enough. They were amazing with DD. Poor girl was 9yo with 'proper boobs' and really self conscious.

Notgoodwithwords Mon 27-Oct-14 22:42:03

My dd is 11 & very slender.. She wears a 28A .. I've got hers from Primark & peacocks so far

youmakemydreams Mon 27-Oct-14 22:58:11

Matalan also do a nice compromise crop top/bra type thing that dd also 11 is prepared to wear. She will also wear a soft sports bra type thing as well. The ones that are more like a crop top with some cuppage rather than an actual bra shape if that makes sense.

willowisp Tue 28-Oct-14 09:41:35

Will take a trip to Matalan as easy to get to & park.
Thanks !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now