Talk

Advanced search

Footner? To scrub or not to scrub...

(23 Posts)
SimplyComplicated Mon 27-Oct-14 19:51:03

Ok, so I know I'm a bit late at trying to shed my feet skin but was having a clear out yesterday and came across my footner socks that I bought AAAAGES ago and had forgotten about.
Used them last night (left them on for almost 2 hours as I remember people saying before that this seemed to lead to better results) and am now sitting soaking my feet as recommended...
So after the soaking is done should I give my feet a scrub aswell or will that hinder the peeling process like it says moisturiser could? I don't want to do anything that might get in the way of my much anticipated new feet! smile

Littlepumpkinpie Mon 27-Oct-14 20:43:37

give them a soak I found a couple of times a day helped speed up the peeling I also kept socks on all the time too the warmer the feet the better the results I find

SimplyComplicated Mon 27-Oct-14 21:16:38

Thank you! Can't believe how much I am looking forward to having my skin fall off grin

Happy36 Mon 27-Oct-14 21:23:01

Never heard of these, just looked them up and they look amazing, if rather addictive. But at 20 pounds a pop, I might as well get a pedicure? Are they worth the money? Or is there any reliable site that sells them cheaply?

EBearhug Mon 27-Oct-14 21:29:45

There are other makers who do similar but cheaper ones.

As I can't remember any other names, this is of limited use to you...

SimplyComplicated Mon 27-Oct-14 22:00:38

I have no idea if the are worth the money Happy but I will be sure to update to let you know how they are.
I bought them after reading a thread on here (complete with amazing disgusting photos) and decided that I had to try them since I cannot bear anyone else to go near my feet! Had completely forgot I had bought them and get extremely excited when I found them again yesterday!

BonaDea Mon 27-Oct-14 22:04:13

Oh my god these sound awesome. My feet are soooo badly needing some work at the mo but I hate hate hate pedicures.

How long til the skin falls off and how long does it take overall. Do I have to wait at home for it to happen or can it just fall off inside my socks? Bleugh.

SimplyComplicated Mon 27-Oct-14 22:27:33

It says that it takes up to 10 days but soaking your feet every day is supposed to speed it up.
I suppose you could just sit at home staring at your feet waiting for the shedding to start if that sounds appealing... however I think you would be less of a crazy person to just carry on as normal and, yes, let your socks catch some when needed! Seemingly letting your feet get sweaty helps too!
There was a really good thread on here before with people documenting the process but I can't seem to find it, so if anyone can post a link to it here that would be helpful!

Hamsolo Mon 27-Oct-14 22:30:04

Soak, and scrub if you like. But don't pick! I picked. I got very sore feet. The skin came off wonderfully other than that. Good luck!

Littlepumpkinpie Mon 27-Oct-14 22:42:38

Soaking them in bubbly water is the best and letting them get hot and sweaty produced the best results far better than any pedicure ever could. I always find the day after the socks have been on feet feel ultra slippy. Then 2nd day they go really dry looking till 3rd or forth day then the peel starts looks like blisters at first then the shedding begins shortest mine took was about 9 days longest was 14days. I have done Footner many times and I much prefer this method to having a pedicure. Itching to do one at the moment but just had varicose veins removed so in the lovely surgical stockings for a month. Sat here in envy as my feet are due the lazy pedicure treatment too.

BonaDea Mon 27-Oct-14 22:56:17

How long does the effect last? Just thinking that if it takes 2 weeks to work...

BorisIsABitOfAGargoyle Mon 27-Oct-14 23:06:07

I'm a tinsy bit jealous that you are at the beginning of your footner journey grin
I used Purederm, socks on for 70 minutes, then soaked in warm water for 10 minutes every night, then rubbed rubbed rubbed my feet while they were warm and damp. But I didn't shed sad, just a few 10p size peels and a lot of flaking. I feel a bit cheated but my feet are lovely now.

BorisIsABitOfAGargoyle Mon 27-Oct-14 23:08:55

Should have mentioned, took about 11 days for the flaking to finish, had to take a pediegg to my heels just to finish them off, though apparently you should do that before you treat them.
Anyone have any views on whether Footner is better than Purederm?

Emslifechoices Mon 27-Oct-14 23:16:53

Can you use them more than once? It seems from the Boots website that it's a one use product.

Littlepumpkinpie Mon 27-Oct-14 23:47:18

yes they are single use product

MrsCakesPrecognition Tue 28-Oct-14 00:30:16

I'm strangely intrigued by footner socks. Having been very ill once when all the skin peeled off my hands and feet, I'm dithering about whether it is a good idea to deliberately cause it to happen grin.

Just one question though. I've read a few threads and some people just don't seem to peel. I've also seen that you should use vaseline on the tops of your feet to stop them peeling (so your feet don't look a complete state in shoes). Do you think that moisturising your feet a lot might act a bit like the vaseline barrier and reduce the effectiveness of the socks? Would it be best to let my feet get a bit dry and crusty for a few days before using?

EBearhug Tue 28-Oct-14 08:13:05

Can you go swimming in the days after you've done them, or do you leave a trail of shedding skin, which would be deeply unpleasant for other pool users?

Marylou2 Tue 28-Oct-14 08:30:10

I wouldn't go swimming Ebearhug. Socks or Opaques are pretty much compulsory when out in public. A few days of utter peely grossness is worth it for the amazing end result though.

Oblomov Tue 28-Oct-14 08:44:41

I was disappointed. it peeled, but the effect was minor.

EBearhug Tue 28-Oct-14 09:45:22

I thought that would be the answer. Mind you, I think about going swimming far more than I actually make it into the pool, so in reality, it wouldn't make a difference.

SimplyComplicated Tue 28-Oct-14 19:25:04

No no no... 10p sized pieces will not do Boris I want sheets! blush
MrsCakes I really dont know... it doesn't say anything about not moisturising in the days before using them, I assume just so long as there is none actually on your feet before doing it then you should be ok.
Decided to go work today wearing opaques, 2 pairs of socks and boots (not that I'm turning into a slightly obsessed crazy person) on to ensure I had the necessary sweaty feet... nothing obvious happening yet but it has only been two days.
Off to soak my feet again soon (if anything using this as an excuse to sit and do nothing for half an hour or so in itself pleases me!)

Happy36 Wed 29-Oct-14 18:41:37

This is really intriguing. I think I will have to order some. I love getting pedicures but I find even the really long, "deluxe", expensive ones are a bit superficial, they just seem to leave you waiting around in a footbath, bung on moisturiser then try to spend ages sticking bits of glitter on my toenails (NOOOO! I am not my 15 year old self anymore!) What I really want is aggressive scrubbing to get off the dry skin then aggressive massaging.

SimplyComplicated Thu 06-Nov-14 07:37:59

Came back to update...
A week and a half in and I think I have finished shedding... Cannot believe how soft and pretty my feet now are grin Amazing! Will definitely be using them again and would definitely recommend trying them if you haven't already!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now