Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Bra sizing problems

(7 Posts)
Rollercola Mon 27-Oct-14 19:49:26

I've been reading all the bra intervention posts and am currently still trying to work out a style and size that fits. Can anyone help please?

My measurements are 31 round rib cage and 38 standing or 39 leaning over.

I did the intervention last year but my measurements were each an inch smaller then. My bras are currently a range of 30e, 32dd & 32d (all ok in back but boobs overspill) and one 34c (good fit for boobs but too big in back)

I'm not sure how the sizing works when you're between back sizes. I like a Cleo Juna I've got in a 30e but the cups are clearly too small. What's the best cup size to try? Not sure if it's f or ff.

StatisticallyChallenged Mon 27-Oct-14 20:11:05

Your measurements would suggest you should try a 30FF/G or a 32F/FF - when you are in between you have to try both sides sometimes. How was the band on the Cleo? If it was just the cups I'd suggest focusing on trying 30s, but with FF/G cups. If the 30E was clearly too small then you almost certainly need to go up more than one cup. One cup too small is actually pretty subtle on most folk.

Rollercola Mon 27-Oct-14 20:27:34

The 30 band on the Cleo was fine, but the other 30s are Debenhams and they feel too tight now. I think I remember someone saying that Debenhams come up a bit small.

StatisticallyChallenged Mon 27-Oct-14 21:11:14

Debenhams Gorgeous do come up tight. Ewas vary a bit, and some of the SM styles can run a bit snugger than the others but mostly they are a bit snugger than Cleo but not too much. I've tried quite a few so if you let me know which you like I might be able to help. I'm going to order some of the new ones soon grin

Rollercola Mon 27-Oct-14 21:26:27

There's a European brand on brastop called Gorteks that I like the look of, any idea what they're like?

Can I ask, what's SM?

StatisticallyChallenged Mon 27-Oct-14 21:39:54

SM is one of the Ewa Michalak cuts - they do (in bigger sizes) S, SM, PL, BM and CHP

CHP is a padded half cup (the padding on their bras is very light, for shape/support rather than extra size but a fair few of their bras also have removable pads for asymmetry)
S is a padded plunge-ish - it's designed for soft boobs and is somewhere in between a proper plunge and a balconette but gives great lift and cleavage
SM is an unpadded version of the S, normally made in see-through fabrics or lace. Give a lovely shape, and very popular with husbands grin
PL is a padded plunge - serious cleavage, but with slightly less lift (that's not to say it doesn't have lift, just less than the crazy lift of the S and CHP!)
BM is a new style, unpadded balcony/balconette style. More coverage than the others but a lovely comfortable day to day bra. Not cleavagey really.

Rollercola Mon 27-Oct-14 23:44:21

Thanks, that's really helpful. I'll take a look.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: