Talk

Advanced search

I've lost the manky footner-usage thread.

(22 Posts)
MyGastIsFlabbered Fri 17-Oct-14 20:13:02

My cheap e-bay replicas arrived today & I've lost the thread so can't remember the gruesome details. The packaging is all in Japanese. Can anyone who's used them remind me what to do? 2 hours is vaguely familiar.

cardamomginger Fri 17-Oct-14 23:22:26

Is it purederm? I used those off Amazon.
Take off nail varnish. Soak feet before using to give better results. Put feet inside the plastic socks. Leave on for 60 to 90 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Peeling should start about 5 days later. Soaking feet each night, especially once peeling has started, can help it along.

Enjoy!!! It is wonderful!

coasttocoast Sat 18-Oct-14 06:54:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MyGastIsFlabbered Sat 18-Oct-14 07:38:35

Put them on for 2 hours last night, awaiting results (with some trepidation!) I used these

coasttocoast Sat 18-Oct-14 09:11:23

Marylou2 Sat 18-Oct-14 10:33:02

Yes 2 hours, just enough time to watch a movie while lying on the bed.I think DH though they were some sort of medical thing rather than a beauty treatment as he brought me a cup of tea and asked if I was OK?grin . Amazing peeling after a week but the "hoofy"bits at the back are still clinging on (gosh I sound glamorous).Does anyone know how soon I can do another one to eliminate them completely?

coasttocoast Sat 18-Oct-14 14:03:38

MyGastIsFlabbered Sat 18-Oct-14 14:31:08

I'll keep you informed. Put them on for 2 hours last night so will see what happens next weekend!

YeGodsAndLittleFishes Sat 18-Oct-14 14:35:42

I used Footner a couple of weeks ago without soaking. The thin skin peeled off but not the thick compacted layers I was trying to get rid of.

I've now ordered a cheaper version, so will try it out using the soaking/leaving longer methods suggested here.

YeGodsAndLittleFishes Sat 18-Oct-14 14:36:37

I left mine on for just 60 minutes.

coasttocoast Sat 18-Oct-14 16:34:29

Sipsmith Sat 18-Oct-14 17:00:10

I left the cheapie one on for 2 hours. My feet are now mainly lovely but the thick hard skin was barely touched so I need to do it again.
My problem was that my massive feet (size 8) struggled to squeeze into the plastic socks. Wish they did a bigger size.

Letitbee Sat 18-Oct-14 17:15:20

Get the cheeses grater thing - much easier and you can have a really good go at the manky heel bits plus no 2 weeks of Walking Dead feet. oh yes and cheaper and reusable.

YeGodsAndLittleFishes Sat 18-Oct-14 18:00:12

I have the cheese grater thing and it is prwtty ineffective on my feet. Plus I have bumpy bita of deep/thin skin where I need the deeper hard skin removed and it just doesnt touch that.

MyGastIsFlabbered Sat 18-Oct-14 18:58:35

I've got a ped egg & a pedi-pro thing & neither of them get close to the crevices I have in my heels.

Olivo Sat 18-Oct-14 19:01:14

I got the cheapie amazon ones. They are not as good as the footner ones, my feet have been dry and slightly sore for two weeks, but today I took the DDs swimming and they have now started to peel. I have also been soaking every evening but it's taken ages. I kept them on for 2 1/2 hours. Be warned they are very small, I have size 3 1/2 feet and they were snug!

Olivo Sat 18-Oct-14 19:02:12

Ps, think you're meant to leave three weeks before doing it again.

MyGhostIsFlummoxed Mon 27-Oct-14 20:05:17

So I'm slightly disappointed so far, feet are very flakey, but I was hoping for great long strips of skin I could sit & peel off (TMI? grin).

YeGodsAndLittleFishes Tue 28-Oct-14 00:05:20

Hm, mine have not even got to the flaky stage yet. It doesn't loook as if the hard skin will come off, either.

Crazy8 Sun 02-Nov-14 19:15:40

I bought Footner today , yippeeeee!!. Are you meant to soak your feet first before putting the footner socks on?

MyGhostIsFlummoxed Sun 02-Nov-14 21:16:59

Mine are still flaking but lots of skin is coming off-my feet are pink again! (Had so much deeply ground in dirt after a summer barefoot in the garden!)

YeGodsAndLittleFishes Sun 02-Nov-14 22:12:28

Yes, soak them first and soak again when they get flakey.

My heels look much better but I still have corns on the balls of my feet. They are getting smaller with each try, so I'm going to keep doing one a month until all the really hard skin has gone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now