Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

which boots with these leggings?

(10 Posts)
desperatehousewife21 Sun 12-Oct-14 13:14:39

I've recently bought these leggings but a bit at a loss as to what boots to wear with them.

I've got brown riding boots but don't think they'd go at all. I bought them as a skinny jean alternative so to wear with slouchy tops/ jumpers etc.

ElephantsNeverForgive Sun 12-Oct-14 13:21:38

??? Any boots work with black leggings, that's the point of them. They go with everything long enough to cover your arse and any foot wear!

Greengardenpixie Sun 12-Oct-14 13:45:55

ankle, biker, knee...any boots smile

desperatehousewife21 Sun 12-Oct-14 14:41:17

But does tan boots go? I didn't think brown and black went together grin

I'll invest in some black ankle boots I think.

MrsWolowitz Sun 12-Oct-14 14:48:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dexter73 Sun 12-Oct-14 14:58:40

I'm the opposite - I don't like tan boots with black leggings/jeans but like black boots!

desperatehousewife21 Sun 12-Oct-14 17:12:44

hmm not too sure now! they're not just avg plain black leggings, they're thicker and have a panel or something down the side.

Biker boots? don't want anything too clumpy. do you wear socks with leggings and boots??

Greengardenpixie Sun 12-Oct-14 17:19:19

Everything goes. I wear black tights and brown leather shoes, dark tan shoes, they all look fine. Of course some things will go better with others but there is absolutely no reason why a pair of tan boots wont go with black leggings. If you have thick set legs you may find that tan boots break up the look of the leg and make you look stubbier than if you had just black ones. They would give you a longer leg. It also depends upon the length of the boot. Calf length ones look fine but knee highs depending upon where they stop can shorten the leg. Its just a case of experimenting in the mirror.

Greengardenpixie Sun 12-Oct-14 17:20:46

I am currently wearing socks with my leggings cause they are in my boots!! You dont see them and unless i want that look i just tend to wear ones that dont come up so you see them. I had biker boots [black] and navy leggings on today. They looked fine!!

desperatehousewife21 Sun 12-Oct-14 18:46:39

Ah thanks everyone smile

I think I'm going to go for a pair of black leather ankle boots and a pair of slouchy black calf length boots for a bit more warmth.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: