Talk

Advanced search

Heels for a non-heel wearing Mner- help!!

(27 Posts)
Edieblizzard Sat 27-Sep-14 16:17:49

I have a rare evening dinner out in the smoke and have a lovely black dress to go out in but no shoes. I struggle to walk in heels but my lovely dress deserves more than flats! I thought about boots but these ankle boot numbers make me look ridiculous and I can't find any stretch suede long boots with a small heel. Anyone have any great recommendations? Thanks

ocelot41 Sat 27-Sep-14 16:51:30

I am the same. Try Insolia in Marks and Spencers. They are the only genuinely comfy high heels I have ever found

Petal02 Sat 27-Sep-14 16:59:11

Wedge heels might work? And are easy-ish to walk in.

TwoInTheMourning Sat 27-Sep-14 17:03:32

I'd recommend Fly London Yaz. Not to everyone's taste though...

Apatite1 Sat 27-Sep-14 17:06:02

What's the budget? I constantly recommend chie mihara, but it's £££

ChablisChic Sat 27-Sep-14 17:14:25

I've got these from Clarks. As they have a hidden platform, the heel isn't actually as high as it looks, so I find them really comfy, even though I can't usually do heels. www.clarks.ie/product/26103970/

Edieblizzard Sat 27-Sep-14 17:30:59

Chie Mihara - love, love, love those spotty ankle strap shoes. I couldn't justify the price sadly.....
I'm going to trek off into town in the week and have a try at Clarks and Marks and Spencers as well as Jones. I just wish I could walk convincingly and not stumble around in an ungainly fashion!

deadwitchproject Sat 27-Sep-14 17:36:40

You could try Hotter shoes, my sister has the wedges and she says they're like walking on air

www.hotter.com/gb/en/womens/womens-new-this-season/lauren
www.hotter.com/gb/en/womens/womens-new-this-season/winsome

Another vote for M&S Insolia.

Sorry but those second Hotter ones look as if they belong on a pantomime dame.

herecomesthsun Sat 27-Sep-14 17:45:48

Chie Mihara start around £100 on Amazon currently, though I found some around £50 recently.

Twinklestein Sat 27-Sep-14 17:48:31

For work I have wedge pumps with a rubber sole. They're probably the most comfortable heel you can buy. Like these

The elastic means they stay on much better than normal pumps.

Edieblizzard Sat 27-Sep-14 17:53:44

Apatite1 - what have you done? Check out these beauties...

Edieblizzard Sat 27-Sep-14 17:54:25

Would they look good with black opaques?

slug Sat 27-Sep-14 17:59:19

Something that laces up or is held firmly on the foot is a godsend for the non heel wearers.

Apatite1 Sat 27-Sep-14 18:02:45

Aw man I'm sorry Edie! The best thing about chie is the comfort, but I like the fact that you can get all sorts from a simple court to some pretty wacky designs. I do love your choice!

deadwitchproject Sat 27-Sep-14 18:14:40

I love those Edie!

TessTackle Sat 27-Sep-14 18:16:21

Those are gorgeous Edie, block heels too which are easier up walk in.

addictedtosugar Sat 27-Sep-14 18:26:16

I can just about walk in a pair of similar to these if I have to - they need to strap properly over my foot, so there is no chance of slipping off, and be very, very low.
Good Luck! I usually resort to ballet pumps with an ankle strap, however, so may not be the best to listen to!

DarkBlueEyes Sat 27-Sep-14 19:13:36

I used to be in heels every day, but I just can't do it any more. Clarks are universally comfy. I can't wear M and S, find them really uncomfortable. I also like Peter Kaiser shoes, you can get them at John Lewis, they are super comfy and the heels aren't too high. Good luck!

thenightsky Sat 27-Sep-14 19:52:23

About a million years ago I got a pair of patent/suede high heels from Next that I drag out every Xmas party season. They are the only heels I can do. They have an ankle strap and a fairly blocky sort of heel, which I think is why they are so much better.

Petal02 Sun 28-Sep-14 09:40:45

I agree with the posters who suggest you need an ankle strap (or lace ups) so that your foot feels more secure in the shoe. And if you need tights/stockings, try non slip -that helps too.

Twinklestein Sun 28-Sep-14 12:31:38

There's a lot of Chie Mihara I don't like, but I really like those..

minkah Sun 28-Sep-14 13:27:07

Fly london very very comfortable, lots of funky glamorous shoes.

VillaVillekulla Sun 28-Sep-14 13:38:44

I agree about ankle straps or laces. Plain courts are torture as there's not enough to hold it onto your foot.

The Clarks ones with a hidden platform are good and not too high. I think they're called Chorus Voice. In fact they've got a nice pair on sale at the moment.

Gabor do some nice heels too (as well as a lot of hideous, frumpy styles).

I have some beautiful Chie Mihara's but they're v £££.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now