Talk

Advanced search

Wedding outfit inspiration please

(8 Posts)
BankHolidayRain Sat 16-Aug-14 19:33:22

Not much of a fashionista but I could do with some advice from you experts please. I have a small family wedding to go to in October but would like to sort my outfit asap.
I'm 5'4" , about 200lb and a top heavy apple! Currently comfortable in size 20 tops and size 14 bottom which makes dresses look strangely baggy round my bottom half. I carry lots of weight under my boobs to my waist so fitted tops aren't good. Legs not bad, decent cleavage in a good bra!
Any ideas gratefully received

Mrsgrumble Sat 16-Aug-14 19:45:29

What about something like this top and pair with a pencil skirt (maybe something with lace)

It would give you great shape. Drop emerald earrings and glam heels and sparkly bag?

www.asos.com/asos-curve/asos-curve-peplum-top-with-knot-detail/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4086972&clr=Emerald&SearchQuery=Asos+curve+top

BankHolidayRain Sun 17-Aug-14 09:37:48

That's a beautiful colour. I like the idea of pencil skirt too. Thanks

BankHolidayRain Wed 20-Aug-14 13:01:06

Oh MrsGrumble I wish you could see me! I look like a Christmas present wrapped by a toddler!

I shall add no shiny stuff to my list of needs and try again.

temporaryusername Wed 20-Aug-14 15:51:40

BankHoliday grin I might have to borrow that phrase!

Have you ever tried Pepperberry clothes - I don't know much about them but they are meant to have a sizing system that allows for larger top sizes.

Maverick66 Wed 20-Aug-14 16:00:45

Hi OP

I saw some lovely shift style dresses in Debenhams yesterday.

There was a fabulous pink one in the Principles collection.

Sorry can't link.

BankHolidayRain Wed 20-Aug-14 16:46:08

Thank you - never heard of Pepperberry so will take a look.

This one? Pink Dress
Would definitely need to try it on - not a colour I would normally pick but I've got blondish hair / pale skin so it could suit. I'll take a trip to "the city" at the weekend and see what it's like.

SeptemberComesTooSoon Thu 30-Oct-14 19:43:39

OP here:
Thanks for your ideas. I did buy a pencil skirt and a lovely cream top but wasn't sure it was smart enough. So I kept that outfit for Christmas and bought this too blush monsoon dress Lovely dress for covering lumpiness but with some shape. I'm an 18/20 normally and I bought the 20 so I didn't have to worry about breathing in!
Thanks for the original help and I hope my finds help someone else

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now