Talk

Advanced search

Dermal fillers.....should I?

(13 Posts)
Itsshaunthesheep Thu 03-Jul-14 08:27:00

Apologise if this has been done before. I just wondered if anyone had any advice, has had them, would do it again.. I have fairly deep nose to mouth lines, that are very ageing. The idea terrifies me, but I'm just starting to do some research, and would like to know how others have found it, or is there something else that I can try. Thank you

HappyGirlNow Thu 03-Jul-14 08:33:33

I've had fillers in my cheeks and at the sides of my mouth since last year (just topped up recently) very natural looking and I love it, best thing I ever did.

Speak to a qualified practitioner. It may be that what would work best is filler in your cheek as this is the place to start as it lifts your whole face like scaffolding.. Then you can see if you still need it in the nasolabial (think that's what they're called!) folds..

Notagainmun Thu 03-Jul-14 08:36:29

If I could afford it I wouldn't hesitate. My mouth has noticeably turned down and I look miserable.

Itsshaunthesheep Thu 03-Jul-14 10:16:33

Thank you!. Happy, did you have any adverse effects/pain, or was it very straight forward?. Not again, me too. If i catch sight of myself in a mirror, and I'm not smiling, blimey I look miserable!...and I'm not...usually

HappyGirlNow Thu 03-Jul-14 11:54:43

I felt like my face was sliding off, hated catching sight if myself in shop windows etc.. And I looked miserable..

No adverse affect apart from a tiny bit of bruising at sides of mouth..

Forgot, also got some filler under eyes as had slight bags from protruding muscles, fine there too..

Honestly, I got my cheeks done forts and I practically skipped out the room I was so happy, it makes such a difference grin love the filler at sides of mouth too as my mouth was drooping down..

HappyGirlNow Thu 03-Jul-14 11:55:35

*cheek bones done

HappyGirlNow Thu 03-Jul-14 11:56:09

Oh sorry, no not painful and results are immediate

piratecat Thu 03-Jul-14 11:57:38

be the first thing i did if I won some money!

then i@d suck my thighs out.

lottieandmias Thu 03-Jul-14 11:59:33

I've had lip fillers - it's fine but you need to find someone who you can trust to do a good job.

Itsshaunthesheep Thu 03-Jul-14 13:51:25

Thanks all. I, going to do my research into local clinics, then take it from there.

pinkfrocks Thu 03-Jul-14 14:01:02

where are you based? Dr Tracy Mountford has been voted the best filler 'queen' by the Tatler ( think) and is great. I've seen her 3 times for cheek filling- cheeks were sliding down cheeks and under eye fillers to help remove hollows/ bags.

I will be honest- both hurt like hell. You have to be injected deeply or else the stuff can go bumpy. I had soreness for about a week after the first time but the 2nd time was ok a day later- so allow down time.

Mine lasted about a year and I have not had any more since 2 years ago- partly due to cost but also think that the effects lasted longer the 2nd time.

You need to go to someone really good- it's artistry as well as science.

Bear in mind it's not permanent so the upkeep is considerable- she charges around £650 for 1ml filler each side- not cheap but trust her 100%.

sarahannhuff Sat 20-Jun-15 22:51:09

If you're looking for central London around the Harley Street/Marylebone area, I went to Dr Joney De Souza. To be honest I knew what dermal filler I wanted beforehand as I'd done a lot of research, Juvederm Volbella in my lips as I wanted a really natural result and nothing too obvious. He did an amazing job

Lasted me about a year the first time and this second time seems to be going on a bit longer so think it may have boosted my own collagen in some way which is fantastic. Also his prices are reasonable £450 for 1ml syringe but cheaper if it's lips.

bodycontouring Tue 15-Aug-17 11:19:27

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now