Talk

Advanced search

Does the new Boden catalogue make anyone else want to kill themselves?

(174 Posts)
monkeytrousers Wed 06-Sep-06 11:08:56

It's my own fault for getting it I know. But I doubt I'll ever be able to afford anything from it, all the lovely skirts and shirts and sweaters and winter coats. And all the lovely buffed facialed skin and styled hair.

oliveoil Wed 06-Sep-06 11:11:27

You do realise it took them a week to get the models to look like that? Nobody looks like that in RL.

It is overpriced tosh imo (she says generalising wildly, not having said catalogue).

Draw a moustache on a model and cackle.

MrsBadger Wed 06-Sep-06 11:12:40

kill myself? No

kill all the models and Mr JB himself? oh yes...

FlipFloppinRubyRioja Wed 06-Sep-06 11:15:39

I liked it better when he used real people - not carboard cutouts.

melrose Wed 06-Sep-06 11:15:56

Wait until they have a sale - their stuff over priced the rest of the time IMO

expatinscotland Wed 06-Sep-06 11:17:59

No. I've never seen it in my life.

Have no plans to, either.

monkeytrousers Wed 06-Sep-06 11:18:47

Stick with it Expat, it's self flagilation at the extream

expatinscotland Wed 06-Sep-06 11:22:39

I'll take your word for it!

Kaloo20 Wed 06-Sep-06 11:41:47

I like the Boden catalogue in particular Mini Boden. I don't really buy from the Woman/Mens one but buy about 70% of my childrens clothes (ds and dd) from MB.

For a harrassed full time working mummy it's far more convenient than spending my precious weekends dragging around the shops trying to buy a new wardrobe of clothes twice a year for the children.

Also Mini Boden clothing is actually better value in terms of quality and consideration to children's sizes and shapes. It is also durable and keeps its shape/colour after washing unlike some of the cheap tat from these new discount chains.

Lots of people are happy to pay their prices (I do usually get 10% off and free returns).

IMHO they are great value for money as I sell our stuff once the children have grown out of it on eBay and get a reasonable return.

Like everything else in life, you get what you pay for with childrens clothes. Supermarket shoddy cut kids tracksuits for girls look exactly that - cheap cut, ghastly colours, poor fitting and shoddy and shapeless

Quit knocking Boden, if you can't afford it fine. I can't afford designer clothes (not that I want them) but I'm not b*tching about it for the sake of starting a thread of whinging.

Kaloo20 Wed 06-Sep-06 11:42:28

<slopes off the thread laughing>

Off to a meeting now - have fun on here !!!!!!

SoupDragon Wed 06-Sep-06 11:51:39

I can afford Boden but I still think it's a poncey pile of poo

monkeytrousers Wed 06-Sep-06 11:51:48

Excuse me? I'll start a thread moaning if I want! What's the bloody world coming to when you can't start a thread about feeling shit when your having a crap day? Sorry girls, but I'm putting my usual measured responses on hold now to say fuck off Kaloo!

expatinscotland Wed 06-Sep-06 11:55:45

'Like everything else in life, you get what you pay for with childrens clothes. Supermarket shoddy cut kids tracksuits for girls look exactly that - cheap cut, ghastly colours, poor fitting and shoddy and shapeless'

Thanks, Kaloo. How is you buy designer clothes if you really can't afford them?

LMAO. Have a very dear friend who was a model for Ford Models in her youth.

She can wear cheap supermarket clothes and look a million bucks.

Guess there's no substitute for true class.

expatinscotland Wed 06-Sep-06 11:56:39

'For a harrassed full time working mummy it's far more convenient than spending my precious weekends dragging around the shops trying to buy a new wardrobe of clothes twice a year for the children. '

Hmmm. Heaven knows how I manage it, then.

Harrassed and working full time. What a life I lead!

Kaloo20 Wed 06-Sep-06 11:58:54

MonkeyT
but your thread wasn't about thread about feeling shit and having a crap day

It was about Boden clothes and their catalogue models ??

SD - a pink poncey pile of poo no doubt!

expatinscotland Wed 06-Sep-06 11:59:55

So what if it is, Kaloo? No reason to be such a ponce about it. Don't like it, give it a swerve.

monkeytrousers Wed 06-Sep-06 12:03:32

Yes, and I also said that I like the clothes. If you don't want to join in in the spirit of things, I repeat f'off. There's only one bitch around here, as far as I can see.

NewTermAtMaloryTowers Wed 06-Sep-06 12:08:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fimbo Wed 06-Sep-06 12:16:43

I am liking the girly stuff from Boden, but the ladieswear is crappola this season imo. I desperately wanted the big button coat in the green, but the latest edition of the catalogue makes it look even worse than I thought it did and the buttons are orange.

NewTermAtMaloryTowers Wed 06-Sep-06 12:17:35

NewTermAtMaloryTowers Wed 06-Sep-06 12:20:39

NewTermAtMaloryTowers Wed 06-Sep-06 12:29:12

SoupDragon Wed 06-Sep-06 12:39:03

poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey poncey

expatinscotland Wed 06-Sep-06 12:39:53

Where's cod when we need her?

We should revive her 'Things you feel like a ponce for saying' thread.

monkeytrousers Wed 06-Sep-06 12:40:59

Malory! I used to look like that before I had a baby! Sob!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now