Advanced search

What is this hairstyle called so I can show hairdresser pictures?

(13 Posts)
CarpeJugulum Fri 06-Jun-14 19:51:14

I have a between jaw/shoulder length slightly layered bob, which I can wear curly/frizzy or straight with straightners.

I want something more dramatic (I'm job hunting so want more professional, less mum!) but not "out there" so I'm thinking I want to keep the front normal, with a slightly off centre parting but have the back gradually getting higher and blockier to give more volume - if that makes sense?

But I have no idea what it's called! Help me please?

SecretSpy Fri 06-Jun-14 19:52:55 like a graduated bob type thing?

EllaBella220 Fri 06-Jun-14 19:54:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Like this? Inverted bob?

Makinglists Fri 06-Jun-14 19:56:22

Looks like an inverted bob - but I'm the lest stylish person you could meet so perhaps someone more groomed will be along soon to help.

WiggleGinger Fri 06-Jun-14 20:07:27

I'd say graduated Bob

CarpeJugulum Fri 06-Jun-14 20:16:34

Inverted bob!!! Yes, that's it. I shall now load my phone with images to show him next week. And still come out with the same cut probably when I chicken out! confused

YellowStripe Fri 06-Jun-14 20:18:50

Go for it! I'm thinking of doing something similar - I had it slightly graduated but it kind of grew out. So either inverted now or really cropped at the back but a bit longer on top. Sounds awful but looks good in my head lol. Look on Pinterest so you've got something to show your hairdresser smile

littlewhitebag Fri 06-Jun-14 20:24:15

Ooh that's my hair style. I love it!

Makinglists Fri 06-Jun-14 20:27:21

Mine is supposed to be growning into one from a crop - but I doubt I'll ever get it like the photos (mainly because I don't spend enough time on it)

Blueuggboots Fri 06-Jun-14 20:34:20

like this?

CarpeJugulum Fri 06-Jun-14 20:51:17

Sort of like that, but more angled.

Maybe like in the picture? I'm a dirty blonde going into dull brown, and I'm thinking blonde/dark coppery red highlights (my hair does this when the sun hits it anyway).

CarpeJugulum Sat 14-Jun-14 14:27:18

Well, I've done it. I think it looks good too - or it will once I've styled it my way (hairdresser does a lovely cut, but is a tad enthusiastic with the straightners so I need a bit more volume there I think.)

And it's cool on my neck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now