Talk

Advanced search

One thing that you bought after Mumsnet Style and beauty recommendation that you now couldn't be without...

(120 Posts)
Wishyouwould Mon 02-Jun-14 18:03:31

Add your onto the list......

Babyliss Big Hair Styler

ChippyMinton Mon 02-Jun-14 18:21:59

Epistick for top lip tache

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeGoes Mon 02-Jun-14 18:23:26

Seche Vite rapid drying topcoat.

The list of things that have been sort of OK or completely crap is very long though.

chanie44 Mon 02-Jun-14 18:24:26

Sainsburys leggings (wearing now)
Uniqlo heattech vests
Nars orgasm blusher
Body shop hemp foot cream

thesaurusgirl Mon 02-Jun-14 18:47:21

OCM with a textured microfibre cloth. Took me a while to find the right oil combo but once I'd cracked it, my skin has never looked back.

Vick's vapour rub on fungal nails. Didn't think it would work, and it didn't. Then someone on here said you have to apply twice a day every day until the nail grows out. It worked.

Oil pulling with coconut oil. My mouth has never felt so clean. Saw my dental hygienist last week and I had the lowest plaque score she'd recorded all month.

Babyliss Big Hair is meh. So is La Roche Posay which gets a lot of love on here.

Not style and beauty, but I really want a steam mop. Any good?

daisydaisys Mon 02-Jun-14 18:51:07

Alpha-H liquid gold...

On a side note, if I ever read rave reviews elsewhere on the internet I always pop in on mumsnet for the no b*shit 'did or didn't it work' approach!

Veins Mon 02-Jun-14 18:53:34

BBH meh
La Roche Possay-can't live without it
Steam Mop - love it, find it therapeutic.

LumionaMoonsplash Mon 02-Jun-14 18:54:33

Babyliss big hair
GHDs
Loreal Extraordinary Oil
Maybelline 7 day gel polish

thesaurusgirl Mon 02-Jun-14 18:57:21

Which LRP products are you using, Veins? It gets so much love on here, perhaps I'm just using different creams to the ones everyone here raves about.

BuzzardBird Mon 02-Jun-14 18:57:35

Please could you explain 'oil pulling'? TIA

AwkwardSquad Mon 02-Jun-14 19:02:16

La Roche Posay
REN glycolic facemask

feesh Mon 02-Jun-14 19:02:44

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. At first it made my skin look dreadful with major breakouts, but after a couple of weeks it settled down and my skin has never looked better. I've been using it for a year now. It's completely clear of spots etc for the first time since, oooh, I was about 9 years old.

I do miss squeezing them though

Kundry Mon 02-Jun-14 19:04:35

Home skin peels (thanks to the crazy peeling thread) - I use the SR Skincare 10% salicylic acid once a week and spots, blackheads and oily skin are a thing of the past.

Plus they are dirt cheap and do lots of cheaper versions of v fancy products. Currently loving their Luminosa moisturiser and splodges of pigmentation are definitely reducing.

bloomingheather Mon 02-Jun-14 19:04:52

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo - it cleared the bumps under my skin on my forehead and reduced oiliness within a few days - am so glad I tried it.
Hourglass primer and pressed powder although have to be careful with these as I felt that my make-up looked too 'set' the first time I used them - use smaller amounts now and love it
By Terry Gelee de Rose Moisturiser
Have just bought the Urban Decay Brow Box thingy after reading about it on here over the weekend - expecting good things smile

thesaurusgirl Mon 02-Jun-14 19:05:15

Scoop out a teaspoon of organic coconut oil and swish it around your mouth for as long as you can bear it without gagging. Best done when you're watching something on telly to distract you. DO NOT SWALLOW.

Then spit out - I spit into the loo as various people on here said it can block up the drain.

Then brush and floss as normal.

My dentist says he thinks it's fat based so removes stains that are water-resistant.

Some of the MN dentists say it's hogwash but my teeth are whiter and my mouth feels fresher and cleaner. I'm also having to see my own dentist less often wink.

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Mon 02-Jun-14 19:05:53

Until the last couple of weeks I would have said the Superdrug Vitamin E and Radiance products, but they seem to have stopped working for me now.

Otherwise, Lancome mascara and Converse, neither of which I would have considered without reading about them so much on here.

Ledkr Mon 02-Jun-14 19:07:53

Sketchers go walk shoes. I'm walking everywhere

randomfemale Mon 02-Jun-14 19:07:59

Babyliss Big Hair
Benefit brow zings
African black soap
Benefit porefection

Redcoats Mon 02-Jun-14 19:10:57

Aldi day cream. Cheap as chips
The hair dye removing stuff, brilliant but does stink. Took colour xxxl build up out.
Nailnurse for my broken split nail. Broke it length ways on the DCs pram 10 years ago and it's been splitting ever since. It hasn't split since since I've been using this. Love it.
Scarves.

I thought oil pulling was about skin. What's it got to do with teeth?

DoloresGove Mon 02-Jun-14 19:31:29

Leighton Denny nail file

Soap & Glory foot file

Sun Sense Factor 50 for face

Coconut oil

Superga shoes

ThisBitchIsResting Mon 02-Jun-14 19:32:52

Peaches and Clean cleanser
H and M long cotton / elastane vests
Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara

Using a daily SPF. Not a product as such but v good tip. And how you treat your face being more important than fancy products, so always cleanse and moisturise twice daily. And don't use wipes!

Veins Mon 02-Jun-14 19:45:34

Thesaurus girl - I use Duo.

JuanPotatoTwo Mon 02-Jun-14 19:54:08

When you say swish the coconut oil round for as long as you can - are you talking seconds or minutes? Daily?

Redcoats Mon 02-Jun-14 19:57:58

Oh yes, H&M vests.

Where do you get coconut oil from? Does it taste horrible?

MollyBdenum Mon 02-Jun-14 20:06:23

Body shop rainforest curly girl friendly haircare range, and the Umberto Giannini curl jelly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »