Talk

Advanced search

Allergic to Touche Eclat - Ideas?

(23 Posts)
hamptoncourt Sat 24-May-14 17:10:59

I have never had any make up/product allergies before but after about 18 months of using TE I suddenly became allergic to it - red scaly patches under eyes.

I see from the internet that this is a common problem.

I have bad dark circles/bags/lines under my eyes and really need a product that will do what TE does, without the allergic reaction.

I did use one before that was American I think and had really nice packaging but I can't remember what it was and it wasn't as good as TE.

meditrina Sat 24-May-14 17:13:24

It's basically concealer tuned with toner. Do you have a concealer in a shade that does the job? If so, you could just experiment to get the consistency you like.

hamptoncourt Sat 24-May-14 17:15:15

I use max factor panstik on my dodgy bits. So should I mix that with toner?

Was hoping for something less fiddly...am a bit cakhanded

anchovies Sat 24-May-14 17:22:16

I use mac mineralize concealer under my eyes. Worth a try, especially cos they'll give you a sample to try.

hamptoncourt Sat 24-May-14 17:24:43

Thanks anchovies I was thinking of buying a MAC angel lipstick so maybe they will give me a sample when I get that at Debenhams.

I think the other one I tried was benefit but it wasn't quite as good. I have seen an old thread where people said there is an aldi version which is good!!! Might be worth a try.

phoneyjoanie Sat 24-May-14 20:40:03

Body shop do a good version of TE.However,after also having a reaction to TE I tried Cargo and it's amazing.You could only previously buy it in Boots but now I think only in Debenhams.

daisydabbles Mon 26-May-14 11:23:55

It kind of depends what you're looking for. I use the Mac Pro Longwear Concealer on my under eyes (see my blog review for detailed info: daisydabbles.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/concealers-review-my-top-five.html)but it's very much a concealer and not a highlighter. To be honest, you'd do better looking for a concealer rather than a highlighter per se, as a highlighter typically has iridescent particles in it that ironically draw attention to the covered area, rather than disguising them... So I would generally recommend looking at a concealer rather than a highlighter, also highlighters are more likely to contain irritants than concealers, so this might solve the allergy problem... Hope that helps!xxx

hamptoncourt Mon 26-May-14 16:13:38

MAC didn't open til late and isn't in my Debenhams so I bought Lancome teint miracle concealer in 01 rose lumiere after trying it in store and it seems lovely.

I will try one of the other recommended brands if not fully satisfied though.

Thanks mumsneters.

KiaOraAura Mon 26-May-14 16:27:01

If you dont like the Lancome one, can really recommend Givenchy's Mister Light Corrective Pen.

shopafrolic Mon 26-May-14 19:24:34

Do you keep the brush clean between uses? It's quite common to develop an allergy if the brush hasn't been cleaned.

Petal02 Mon 26-May-14 19:29:03

I had exactly the same problem with TE - and now use Collection 2000 Illuminating Touch (which is slightly creamier than TE, so more moisturising and with better coverage). I also recommend the Clinique version of TE, and Boots No 7 has their own version too.

orangefusion Mon 26-May-14 19:31:08

Touche Eclat gave me months of painful scaly patches until I realised what it was. When I went to the YSL stand in Boots they denied any knowledge of the problem.

I have not bothered to replace a concealer since, I am too scared of more eye related scalyness.

Pollaidh Mon 26-May-14 19:43:51

Seem to remember the Body Shop does its own version.

marchduck Mon 26-May-14 19:56:46

I had exactly the same experience with TE, and have been trying out different concealers since. The best one so far for me has been the Garnier BB cream concealer roll-on. Feels lovely going on and works well on my dark circles. Surprisingly good for the price.

hamptoncourt Mon 26-May-14 20:34:39

shopafrolic it was bizarre, I had used it for ages and had no problem. Don't have sensitive skin and never had allergic reaction to anything before.

I thought maybe some bacteria had got in it and bought a new TE but it immediately brought out the scaly red reaction, so no, it is an allergy.

I googled it and apparently it is quite common with TE which is a shame. The Lancome lady was lovely though and got me to buy lots of lancome shite grin

Passthecake30 Mon 26-May-14 21:29:21

I had the same problem, I now use erase paste by benefit

HamAndPlaques Mon 26-May-14 23:31:06

Touche Veloutée from By Terry or Clinique Airbrush.

EduardoBarcelona Mon 26-May-14 23:45:23

In allergic too. I use bobbi briwn under eye pen

shopafrolic Tue 27-May-14 09:12:00

I really want to try Touche Velouté next. Really frustrating hamptoncourt hope the Lancôme stuff works for you.

Mollymutkin Mon 29-May-17 19:56:34

I just found this old thread. I used to use Touché eclat but found I'd get an itchy reaction to it. I just found it again in my makeup drawer so cleaned the (stinky) brush and gave it another go on my face; forehead, dark circles, around my nose. Last night I started feeling bumps on my forehead and this morning it's still bumpy and itching too as well as around my nose. My guess is it can only be the Touche eclat. This time it's going in the bin. Glad to read I'm not unique to this issue. I have/had other brand concealer/highlight pens none have given me a rash or had a stinky brush!

Unicorn81 Mon 29-May-17 21:23:10

Clinique concealer is good for my dark eyes. I also use temple spa windows of the soul cream which has helped

TheMightyMing Mon 29-May-17 22:19:43

I'm majorly allergic to it as well! I can put anything on my face but TE made my under eye area sore and scaly .

raindropstea Tue 30-May-17 09:05:31

Maybelline does a lumi concealer that is like a dupe for touche eclat but I bought it in the US or order it on Amazon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now