Budget shampoo and conditioner

(14 Posts)
cowbiscuits Fri 09-May-14 13:07:00

I'm poor.

Can anyone recommend some VERY CHEAP shampoo and conditioner, please?

I have long, very thick hair, tends to go a bit dry on the ends and a bit frizzy.

Thanks!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 09-May-14 13:09:27

Got a 99p shop near you, I get my L'oreal stuff from there?

Anonynony Fri 09-May-14 13:11:30

Oh I had this shampoo and conditioner I got in the pound shop but avoided using until last night because I thought it'd be rubbish! It's AMAZING!! It's Argan Oil stuff and in brown bottles with green lids. Keep an eye out, I'm so impressed!

NorbertDentressangle Fri 09-May-14 13:12:57

Inecto Pure Coconut (has the added bonus of being parabens free) - about £1.80 each for a large bottle from Savers.

I saw it recommended on here and bought some and it's been great. Smells lovely too.

BorisJohnsonsHair Fri 09-May-14 13:13:51

Lidl's own brand is very good (I use the one for dry hair). It's about 79p I think.

codandchipstwice Fri 09-May-14 13:21:34

I am currently loving the Sainsbury's mahoosive coconut shampoo and conditioner - buy 2 for £2. Aldi pantene knock off good too, the nourishing conditioner is ace

I like Gliss in the pound shopsmile (thick frizzy hair here)

AnnaBegins Fri 09-May-14 18:48:19

That Xpel Argan Oil brown bottle one is indeed good... Also Aldi 65p coconut shampoo & conditioner, the pantene knock off is also fab but more like 75p.

the new Garnier ultimate blends range is good, especially the brown one.

Saurus72 Sat 10-May-14 08:42:34

Superdrug Coconut - it is brilliant, I think they are £1.99 each, but they are often on buy one get one half price deals. I buy 3 or 4 at a time, totally fab.

Saurus72 Sat 10-May-14 08:44:57

And plus, when you're in Superdrug you can check out the fab MUA make-up and get some lovely nail polish for £1 - I'm wearing coral right now wink

roadwalker Sat 10-May-14 08:48:01

I buy tresseme in B & M
It is not the least outlay but the bottles are so big it works out cheaper than the £ shop stuff, they are often tiny

Boltonlass1972 Sat 10-May-14 09:53:05

Some where like Savers or Home Bargains sell Henara Henna wax deep conditioner.. It's about 2 quid and is good to give your hair a deep condition

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 10-May-14 10:44:43

Oooh I love Henara Henna Wax grin I used to do the apply+ towel wrung out in the hottest water and wrap up (as they recommended back in the 1980s, what a faff).
Then discovered, use clingfilm and a towel to keep the heat and moisture in (they recommend not to use dry heat)

WRT shampoo/conditioner, I bought huge bottles of Sainsburys own brand apple shampoo and TeaTree (2-in1) for DH and Ds to use. Lasts ages and at the moment the 1 litre bottles are 2 for £2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now