Talk

Advanced search

60th birthday jewellery gift

(6 Posts)
Ijustworemytrenchcoat Fri 02-May-14 00:38:57

Hello, I'm looking for a 60th birthday gift for my mum. I wanted something personalised or engraved if at all possible, but something which is a nice necklace first and the engraving secondary if you see what I mean.

The only things I have seen so far are some nice pendants on Monica Vinader which can be engraved, but I don't think they are quite my mum's style, they're maybe a little modern for her.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Justinepants Fri 02-May-14 01:44:12

We clubbed together with SIL and BIL and got a diamond solitaire pendant for my MIL's 60th.

Or how about a locket? Modern or vintage.

How much do you want to spend?

Justinepants Fri 02-May-14 01:47:51

Not on the High Street always have a good range of personalised things.

countingtotwenty Fri 02-May-14 03:17:42

if you have enough time I think something like this would be lovely - the idea is you choose which gemstones to put it so could put in the birthstone for each of her children.

personalise.ernestjones.co.uk/ej/product/?store=ej-web&s=2002&cat=personalized%20necklaces%20and%20pendants&subcat=

you wouldn't necessarily engrave the necklace then but I expect you could get an engraved box if you wanted.

nutterbutsquash Sat 03-May-14 21:21:11

Not engraved but personalised - www.jemimalumley.co.uk/handmade-decorative-initial-necklace. She also does personalised name necklaces and other styles of initial necklaces.

winzelbergraul Mon 01-Feb-16 08:00:34

Hi! I want to give my mum the same thing too. She’s turning 50 next year and I want my gift to be as personal as possible. I came across several sites including www.engraving-excellence.co.uk/engraved-gifts/110. So far, they offer the cheapest prices I’ve seen. Do you think they’re a good place to buy that engraved necklace?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now