Talk

Advanced search

What kind of wellies would you buy?

(12 Posts)
Glowlamp Sat 05-Apr-14 20:50:39

I really need some wellies. Yes, I've reached that age where wellies are for standing pitchside at mini rugby games rather than for at at festivals to protect from trenchfoot/drink warm lager out of.

Apart from Hunter (and preferably cheaper) any recommendations?

Canihaveaslice Sat 05-Apr-14 20:51:57

I have joules ones which are comfy. Also seasalt do some nice ones

TheOneAndOnlyAlpha Sat 05-Apr-14 20:52:29

I bought some basic green dunlops from amazon. £8. The do the job. I just don't get the hunter thing.

Only1scoop Sat 05-Apr-14 20:54:31

Have you got a joules outlet shop near you. They are great 'just to look nice' wellies but not very hardcore.

I've also got some toggi leather boots great for wearing with jeans etc .....

TedGlen Sat 05-Apr-14 20:56:46

Le Chameau neoprene lined ones are fantastic. They keep your feet really warm and last for ages. I wore out a pair of joules in 6 weeks walking the dog, my first pair of chameaus lasted three years. They're really soft too, I find Hunters very stiff. Only downside is they aren't as pretty, I think you can have green or green!

TheBigBumTheory Sat 05-Apr-14 20:58:31

I have Lowthers, they are slim and tall, look a bit like hunters but last better. Mine are so muddy you can't read the make anyway.

Eastpoint Sat 05-Apr-14 21:00:32

I'd go for something warmer than Wellies, Merrell & Timberland usually do good boots. For total luxury Dubarry's are fantastic but they cost £££. You might be able to pick something up from one of the ski shops, like Snow & Rock, at the end of their sales.

Philoslothy Sat 05-Apr-14 21:00:37

I gave my hunters away they were rubbish.

I have two pairs. Aigle and Le Chameau - both great .

UterusUterusGhali Sat 05-Apr-14 21:02:51

I love my Le Chameau.

It'd be those or Dunlop. Or toggi boots from Scats.

MichaelFinnigan Sat 05-Apr-14 21:02:53

Dunlops

WallyBantersJunkBox Sat 05-Apr-14 21:26:29

Tretorn. Mine are amazing quality.

Glowlamp Sat 05-Apr-14 21:51:36

Oooh thank you for all the suggestions. My Saturday night surfing is sorted!!
I have some merrell leather snow boots that I have had 4/5 years are are v v cosy and I love them (forget what they are called! ) but I am a bit grumpy about wearing them in mud so was looking for an alternative.
Wish I had a Joules outlet! NE of Scotland sadly no chance....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now