Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get gear to remove gel nails myself?

(8 Posts)
Daffodilly Thu 03-Apr-14 13:50:51

I just had my gel nails removed at the salon for £8 and reckon I can probably manage this myself if I have the right gear.

Anyone know where you can buy the little foil/cotton wool wraps and the right kind of remover for gels? Or any other tips for self-removing which doesn't involve picking at it whilst waiting in supermarket queue/school gate/on hold!

NoMoreMarbles Thu 03-Apr-14 13:52:33

i removed mine with nail varnish remover in a little bowl (soak them for about 5 minutes) and cotton wool pads... no need for anything special...

smile

MrsAlexanderSkarsgard Thu 03-Apr-14 13:52:53

Just get some acetone from the chemist (about £1.50 a bottle) and cut up some tin foil and cotton pads to size. You don't need to buy anything special.
Make sure you use a good emery board to rough up the tops and an orange stick to push it off.
That's all I do.

SoleSource Thu 03-Apr-14 13:58:29

Mine peels off after one week confused

Owlysims Thu 03-Apr-14 14:00:43

Agree with miss Alexander but just to add make sure you use nail file on them first. So file off the nail polish and then put on Cotten wool/foil!!

weeredcar Thu 03-Apr-14 14:32:30

Superdrug have now started selling bottles of acetone for about £2. File the top layer off, and put acetone on cotton wool pad (I normally cut a pad into 4) and wrap in kitchen foil.

Its worth buying some orange sticks (or the metal scraper things!) to get it off.

Leave it for about 10 mins!

Daffodilly Thu 03-Apr-14 14:39:56

Brill thank you. Knew there must be a way of saving a few quid - too er... reinvest in more gel nails!

BellaVita Thu 03-Apr-14 14:42:34

I do the same as MrsAlexander.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now