Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help with shoe suggestions for dd's prom please?!

(11 Posts)
dottyaboutstripes Thu 03-Apr-14 10:09:07

here's the dress

She would like to wear heels but struggles to walk in them, so maybe a wedge heel? But obviously not too casual. I'm struggling to find anything at all.

LavenderGreen14 Thu 03-Apr-14 10:11:33

if she can't walk in heels I would buy her sparkly flat ballet pumps instead - look just as nice and she will feel much more comfortable.

booksshoescats Thu 03-Apr-14 10:13:29

The dress is really gorgeous. What about a low-heeled gold dance shoe? Pretty and dressy but (obviously) made for dancing, so should be easy to walk in. this or this maybe?

dottyaboutstripes Thu 03-Apr-14 10:22:13

Flats are a no go. She's already the shortest of her friends and wants heels (can't say I blame her!)

Those dance shoes are a good idea, I'll see what she thinks (she has pointed out hideous clumpy things simply because she thinks she could walk in them!)

Skivvywoman Thu 03-Apr-14 11:38:36

I agree with books, I could walk in a ballroom or Latin shoe but never a high heel and I still can't hmm

jeee Thu 03-Apr-14 11:44:35

I could be wrong (my children are too young for proms) but I suspect she'll kick off the shoes during the evening anyway, so I'm not sure that comfort and walkability will be that important.

If this is likely to be the case, I'd get some cheap, but pretty, heels from Primark or similar.

Btw, I think the dress is stunning.

booksshoescats Thu 03-Apr-14 11:53:00

In fact the dress is so lovely I'd buy if for my dd if she were a bit nearer prom age (she's 5 grin). So nice to see something pretty, stylish, not too try-hard/skimpy and not frightful strapless taffeta!

I hope she has a lovely time, dotty, and kicks up her heels all night (whatever height they may be).

dottyaboutstripes Thu 03-Apr-14 15:52:27

I need to claim the credit for finding the dress grin
Dance shoes idea went down like a lead balloon. Argh! Tbh I was thinking of cheapo Primark type of thing as I agree she will probably take them off anyway but got a bit of a catbum face at that idea too. Good job I love her!

booksshoescats Thu 03-Apr-14 16:02:05

Oh, shame sad. Oh well, I remember being very specific about the kind of thing I would and wouldn't wear at that age (still am smile). Sometimes it's easier to identify what you don't want than what you do. How about some non-clumpy shoe boots or ankle boots. Might be a bit hard to find something at this time of year but how about something like this?

ValentineWiggins Thu 03-Apr-14 16:04:38

Has she actually looked at the dance shoes? There are some lovely ones! Try dancesport.uk.com (I think) for names of brands then look at their websites...I know international do a good range of styles!

Onelittlepiglet Thu 03-Apr-14 16:06:04

Hmmm tricky!

How about these form new look - they are both blue (all gold ones are flat)

this is a wedge heel but pretty

Or

strappy sandals but with low heel. Also in silver

Barratts shoes is usually good for this but their website is offline currently....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now