Talk

Advanced search

What length for ankle skimming trousers

(7 Posts)
Stillcomingtoterms Wed 02-Apr-14 19:34:22

I've fancied the look on blogs for a while so I've bought myself a pair of straight trousers which skim my ankle.
They look a bit odd on me, I don't know if it's because I'm not used to wearing them or if I've chosen a pair too long/short.
I feel as if I'm wearing a pair of trousers that I've grown out of iyswim!
So whats the right length so I can check mine?
Ta

NinetyNinePercentTroll Wed 02-Apr-14 19:42:14

It depends on the length of your legs.

daisy40ish Wed 02-Apr-14 20:16:13

I wear with heels - I am tall and mine come to around 2 inches above my ankle .. at first I felt like I was wearing trousers before my growth spurt!

Stillcomingtoterms Wed 02-Apr-14 20:58:42

Daisy, that's what I feel like. I don't want them to be too short that they look stupid but then not too long so that it looks like I'm just wearing short trousers.

Blondieminx Wed 02-Apr-14 21:01:37

I think this look is something tall women struggle with initially... When you've spent years making sure your trousers are long enough, wearing them short just feels all wrong, even if it is trendy!

I think they need to be below the widest part of your calf and pref just 2-3 inches above ankle.

Ujjayi Wed 02-Apr-14 21:45:44

No more than an inch above your ankle bone. Otherwise they are cropped rather than ankle skimmers IYSWIM (it makes sense in my head!). I ordered some recently that were too high - they just looked like v unflattering mid-calf trousers.

LordPalmerston Thu 03-Apr-14 06:50:14

A v glam mate had on the next something capris. They looked ace. But were long. She's tiny

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now