Talk

Advanced search

Bra sizing- my mind can't handle it, please help!

(7 Posts)
dyslexicdespot Wed 02-Apr-14 18:36:38

I measure 44 around the breasts when bending over and 33 under them. What is my bra size please?

TimeForAnotherNameChange Wed 02-Apr-14 19:54:09

Try 32H and HH to start with. I'm sure Statistically and Sorrel will be along shortly to advise on shapes & styles!

dyslexicdespot Wed 02-Apr-14 20:03:08

Thank you do much! My goddess, I've been wearing the wrong size!

RockCrushesLizard Wed 02-Apr-14 20:59:41

Hijacking to ask a similar question, as my post baby bra requirements are not what they once were (feeding plus lost a couple of stone...)

I'm 30 under (although I can get the tape measure to 27.5 if I exhale and pull it tight...) and 42.5 over. I'm short, size 14, and generally have to have straps at their tightest. I have very little breast tissue in my armpit/ round the sides - I must be one of the few women who has nothing to scoop! (I've clearly been watching these threads!)

I used to wear a Freya 34HH, 32J when I was slimmer, but often found the 32 too tight in the band. I found panache bras a bit diggy in the armpit. I'm currently in a 34J anita nursing bra. It's cups are okay, though the gore is not flat, but the back is lots too loose. It was a compromise in the world of horrid nursing bras!

Any suggestions based on that extended essay??

try 28jj, 28j, 30J, 30HH as a start. Anita skip double letters so you're not wearing a true 34j cup - it;s more like a GG.

If you are quite upfront you might like cleo - made by panache but with shorter wires. You'll probably like the polish brands ewa michalak and comexim too

RockCrushesLizard Thu 03-Apr-14 00:18:51

Thank you! Interesting about the skipped cup sizes too, it explains why I was wearing a 'bigger' cup even in a larger band.

I feel a need to spend some zloty now! grin

Try some Cleo to get an idea of the your size in those and I'll help you out with the polish bras from there - sorrel and I both wear a mix of those brands so know how they convert!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now