Talk

Advanced search

Comfy, soft, non-bucket evening bras for huge boobs

(15 Posts)
Schenka Tue 01-Apr-14 23:37:15

I wear under-wired, cantilevered, suspension-bridge engineered bras during the day (38F), and am desperate to find a comfortable, soft, non-under-wired bustenhalter for evenings and, with a bit of luck, to wear in bed to support my magnificent pair without carving the welts into my back and chest that my Fantasie confections do during the day time. I don't want to look like I've a fat pair of southerly-travelling buckets on my chest, but neither am I going for style; I just want comfortable support. Is this too much to ask for, or has anyone any suggestions that are not rude?

plco1223 Tue 01-Apr-14 23:49:56

I have often wondered why women no longer consider a corset for supporting breasts. they do a very good job and as long as you dont use them to cinch your waist in, are actually pretty comfortable. No welts either.
I am vary between a 30H and 34FF, depending on how fat I get. The proper steel boned ones are very good

colditz Tue 01-Apr-14 23:55:15

Panache do a range of t shirt bras that I find very comfortable. I'm the same size as you, and have a beige one. I call it my sloppy bra, although its quite supportive, because its comfortable enough to slop around in.

colditz Tue 01-Apr-14 23:58:02

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panache-PORCELAIN-VIVA-Superbra-Moulded-T-Shirt-Bra-Nude-Skin-Balconnet-Bra-BNWT-/400312746388

Here it is!

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Tue 01-Apr-14 23:59:49

Have you tried the sort of bra you pull over your head? As opposed to ones with clasps on I mean grin.

I wear a pull-on one most days, I think they were from Asda in fact, and they are the most comfortable bras I have ever had! I find them supportive, but will freely admit that my breasts are smaller than yours.

I also have what I call a "body" which is effectively a corset type thing with bra straps on, which sits under the bust and gives an uplifting effect. No bones or clasps on that either!

PinkandTwinkly Wed 02-Apr-14 00:46:01

Snap. Snap. Snap.
I'm 38HH / J and I'd love a non wired bra for pyjama days and sofa lounging.

No matter how well a bra fits upright squoshed on the sofa it always pokes me in my side.

The soft over the head type don't support boobs as heavy as mine unfortunately

Not a bra as such, but I like the Bravissimo pyjamas. The tops have a soft, moulded bra inside them and the support/lift is pretty good - I'm a 30HH

plco, I have a steel boned corset which I love but sadly for my size they have to be custom made...rather costly!

MrsCakesPremonition Wed 02-Apr-14 01:47:47

I have some Bravado nursing bras that I can't bear to chuck because they are sooooo comfy for bedtime.

FannyFifer Wed 02-Apr-14 01:53:03

I need a comfy bed time bra as well. 36h & I'm down to my last nursing bra which is starting to disintegrate.

happyyonisleepyyoni Wed 02-Apr-14 07:38:15

I still wear Morhercare maternity night time bras although DD is now 3.

If you think you are a 38 band and your bras are uncomfortable, may I suggest you check out the bra intervention threads?

Kemmo Wed 02-Apr-14 08:29:55

Another vote for a bravissimo pyjama top.

PinkandTwinkly Wed 02-Apr-14 09:25:19

Me or the OP?

I'm def at 38 band, I'm a size 22—24.

Someone else suggested i look at nursing bras.

I don't really want to spend a fortune tho, as my normal bras are comfy and fit fine. Its just underwire isn't the best laying down.

itsbetterthanabox Wed 02-Apr-14 12:15:21

I'm a Size 24 on top and I'm a 42 maybe they are digging in on you.
They do non wired bras at m & s.

HazleNutt Wed 02-Apr-14 13:06:15

I sometimes wear my old, stretched out sports bras. But another vote for Bravissimo PJ tops.

Schenka Thu 03-Apr-14 13:45:05

Thanks to all - I'm going to check out all of the suggestions. I don't know how to thank you each individually, so I hope you find out that I'm grateful for the advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now