Talk

Advanced search

lounge wear? (yes really!)

(12 Posts)
stuckindamiddle Tue 01-Apr-14 20:34:40

Ok, that's an awful term I know but essentially I want clothes to change into after work / gym that aren't nightwear but aren't my minging old unflattering trackie bottoms and old mis shapen t shirts. Just so I can relax comfortably, eat dinner, watch tv etc.

Something cheap, comfy, plain, reasonably attractive and under no circumstances a 'onesie'!!!

Suggestions please?!

TheLadyRadishes Tue 01-Apr-14 20:41:55

There is loads if you look in somewhere like a big sainsbury's. Lots of fairly nice tracksuit-type stuff and even nicer IMO proper "loungewear" that is like pjs but more heavy-duty.

My ultimate loungewear would be some thick/soft e.g. flannel pj bottoms - I have lovely ones from white stuff and Boden - plus big warm socks and a cashmere cardie or hoodie. I only have one cashmere loungy thing and it's a v old George at Asda one, but ebay is good for that kind of thing.

MrsPeacockDidIt Tue 01-Apr-14 21:55:32

I have a pair of cashmere joggers from Tesco of all places. They are super comfy and make me feel like I've the tiniest bit of effort at least grin

I have yoga trousers from The White Company and M&S, but hate the way they go all baggy at the knees, and the way they flap around my ankles. So now I have succumbed to leggings (M&S) which I wear with dp's big cashmere jumpers. The leggings will never, ever leave the house though!

PiratesLifeForMe Tue 01-Apr-14 22:32:18

Hush. Expensive but nice, catch the sale & you could get a few really nice bits.

isshoes Wed 02-Apr-14 02:20:28

Try uniqlo - they definitely do lounge wear.

schmalex Wed 02-Apr-14 07:30:25

I've just picked up some lovely soft slouchy harem pants from Next, which would be great for lounging.

deXavia Wed 02-Apr-14 07:38:58

Sweaty Betty is my go to for this especially their yoga range. Can be expensive but good sales and last incredibly well (no baggy knees!)

TheJumped Wed 02-Apr-14 07:45:59

Think about the look you want and what specific items - look at Hush for inspiration. Then get bits from cheaper shops. Uniqlo do lovely thick soft cuffed black joggers for £10, and everywhere has sweatshirts atm - Peacocks, Primark etc. Or Tesco / Sainsbos for men's jumpers.

missmargot Wed 02-Apr-14 07:58:26

Charlotte & Co have a good sale on at the moment, their clothes can look a little frumpy on the website but their yoga trousers etc are lovely in real life.

stuckindamiddle Wed 02-Apr-14 09:11:25

Thanks everyone - some good ideas here! I miss uniqlo sad Not got one near me since we moved. I love their Heat Tech stuff in winter but plenty of others have copied it, luckily for me!

billandcoo Wed 02-Apr-14 11:01:47

I spent £20 on a pair of Next wide-legged linen trousers for this purpose and they're brilliant. I bought a size up as they have a drawstring waist and I wanted them to be super comfy. I hate trackie bottoms with a passion!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now