Talk

Advanced search

Supportive sandals that aren't fugly.

(19 Posts)
Headlikeafuckingorange Tue 01-Apr-14 18:32:39

Do they exist? I've got plantar fasciitis which was triggered by thin flat sandals last summer. I've managed to improve it over the winter by wearing inserts in my boots but it's going to be too warm soon. Ideally want something plain, tan or red.

Willow33 Wed 02-Apr-14 00:27:12

www.shuropody.com/products/womens-footwear.html
I had that a couple of years ago. It is horrible. Fugly shoes help the best. However there was a Shuropdy store I went which had good shoes. But I have to tell you that wearing tight, flat ugly shoes with laces worked best.

BillyBanter Wed 02-Apr-14 00:33:45

Watching with interest. I'm off to the physio about my plantar fasciitis in a few days.

Shoes used to make me so happy. Now they make me so sad.

FrugalFashionista Wed 02-Apr-14 08:21:37

Flat ugly orthopedic sandals, including Birkenstocks and pool slides, are the height of trendy this summer wink

Selks Wed 02-Apr-14 08:27:43

Check out Art Company sandals. I've just bought some of their flat sandals, they are supportive, comfortable and look good.

magso Wed 02-Apr-14 08:38:28

Is the Think! Julia any good? It has a thick orthotic cork footbed but the straps are not too thick. I fancy the cobalt. I have a bright green pair from 3 years ago. Its difficult to get pretty and orthotic at the same time! I am used to comfy fugly now. Don't know how to do a working link - sorry!

LightastheBreeze Wed 02-Apr-14 08:39:40

I think Fitflops are supposed to be good for planter fasclitis. I remember looking when DH had it.

ILoveWooly Wed 02-Apr-14 08:41:15

Loving The Art Company link... I think THIS could be the answer to my sandal issues.

I currently have THESE UGG SANDALS and would recommend. My ones are falling apart (after 3.5 years) but I have ordered another pair.

RonaldMcDonald Wed 02-Apr-14 09:01:03

I had this and coped by wearing the most disgusting fitflop sandals

magso Wed 02-Apr-14 09:25:40

Which shoe shops stock Art shoes Selks? They look lovely but a search only gets me online stockists.
I have some Kelso Earth sandals that have a thinner sole at the back than the front which stretches the tendons - helping with planter fasciitis. Comfy but they are practical rather than attractive.

Headlikeafuckingorange Wed 02-Apr-14 10:29:54

Thanks guys, lots for me to look at!

Pandsbear Wed 02-Apr-14 11:00:51

Could be worse -you might have to wear hard insoles as well - in which case you can't wear any of the sandals linked to (like me booo)...

Selks Thu 03-Apr-14 01:08:41

Art shoes are mainly online apart from some independent stockists, Magso. Maybe the art company website has a list of stockists?

BillyBanter Thu 03-Apr-14 01:15:50

I wore fitflops for one summer. I ended up with an injured arch which took over a year to heal. So not really worth the fugly for me.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 03-Apr-14 08:42:47

Birkenstocks, that's what you need!

NCISaddict Thu 03-Apr-14 08:53:40

www.amazon.co.uk/Fitflop-Walkstar-Tan/dp/B007Z4Y66I/ref=pd_sim_sh_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=02EJF1WNF1R5N4ZJK1TQ

I have these (in a different colour though) they're the only type of sandals which don't make my knees hurt and I can walk in them all day.

Treaclepot Thu 03-Apr-14 09:06:14

I wear Mephisto still a bit fugly but really not too bad comfy can't wear Birkenstocks too flat and uncomfortable.

MrsPMT Thu 03-Apr-14 10:02:23

Rieker do some ok ones and would definitely be supportive.

This website quite good, have a large range of quality shoes, some very 'old lady-ish' but some pretty good, stock Fly.

I like Merrell and think thats what I'll get for this summer but they are kind of sporty looking so not for everyone.

Have looked in Clarks & nothing I'm keen on this year.

niminypiminy Thu 03-Apr-14 11:01:16

I love Mephisto Helen, much, much more comfortable than Birkenstock (more flexible so you don't curl up your toes all the time), and I don't think fugly at all. And they are really well made and last for ages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now