Talk

Advanced search

Plus size workout wear

(8 Posts)
stonehairbrush Tue 01-Apr-14 16:52:22

What do you larger women wear? If I was more confident I'd wear tight leggings designed to take away sweat but as a roly poly size 20/22 I just think my enormous arse and acres of cellulite would make me feel self conscious. But regular track suit bottoms tend to be quite thick and heavy.

Any ideas please? smile

I wear proper sports leggings but with large (band or blokes') T-shirt over the top to minimise the bouncing arse effect.

Vickiyumyum Tue 01-Apr-14 17:04:17

When I first started working out I was a size 24 and I wore plain black leggings and a long top from simply be as they stock proper plus size fitness gear. Places like yours clothing are more like leisurewear as in lounging around casual wear than proper work out gear.

At a 20/22 you should be able to get longer tops from somewhere like sports direct which will be cheaper than simply be.

magicstar1 Tue 01-Apr-14 17:04:29

I've just ordered some yoga pants from Yours Clothing as I was having the same problem...tracksuit bottoms are so warm.

The reviews are great, they're supposed to be very light.

teacupnic Tue 01-Apr-14 17:42:56

Not ordered from this company myself, but a few plus size fashion bloggers seem to rate their stuff. A bit on the pricey side but depends on what you're looking for.

www.stateofmindactive.com

stonehairbrush Tue 01-Apr-14 19:24:59

Thanks all!

Jenda Tue 01-Apr-14 19:27:01

I am the same size, I wear leggings and a bubble hem top from new look with a tshirt underneath, covers arms and belly overhang! legs are ok so I dont mind the leggingssmile

trinity0097 Tue 01-Apr-14 20:02:05

I wear leggings (long or Capri length) and a t-shirt or vest top. No-one seems to care that I am flabby! I just wear a coat which covers my bum to and from the gym. I am the same size as you.

I honestly think that the people at the gym would notice more my bright red sweaty face than my fat arse!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now