Talk

Advanced search

Bikini for slightly chubby belly

(12 Posts)
atomicyoghurt Tue 01-Apr-14 13:02:38

Has anyone got any recommendations for a bikini or similar that will look OK on a slightly chubby body? I'm quite frankly fed up with covering up when I don't look that bad. I'm size 14 and 5ft 8. Still got a waist, but I'd like to keep the bit below the belly button covered.

Does such a beach garment exist?!

specialsubject Tue 01-Apr-14 13:29:06

that's not chubby.

boardshorts look really good on most people - pick a length that suits. They sit on your hipline.

they don't ride up and dry quickly, so are also great for swimming too. Don't wear bikini bottoms under them. (the best beach tip I was ever given!)

What about high waisted 50s style bottoms? Asos had some last year, come up to just below belly button.

FelixFelix Tue 01-Apr-14 16:05:12

I'd go for a high waisted one too. You should be able to find a nice one easily as they were everywhere last summer!

Here you are. Loads here

I'd love some of the floral ones.

ygritte Tue 01-Apr-14 22:39:34

Fold over bottoms are quite forgiving on bellies. Next, M&S,Matalan and a few on figleaves. they can be adjusted to whatever coverage level you're comfortable with.

Onelittlepiglet Tue 01-Apr-14 22:52:05

Mantaray from debenhams have some sets of beachwear with board shorts that have matching bikini tops that would look nice. And cover a tummy.

This is one set here the matching items are further down the page.

TheresLotsOfFarmyardAnimals Wed 02-Apr-14 11:22:55

These are high leg, high waist. I tried the 50s thing but I'm too short in the leg to carry it off.

www.isme.com/resort-shapewear-high-waist-bikini-briefs-black/1178622228.prd?aff=google&affsrc=acquisition&cm_mmc=google-_-%5Breporting+categories%5D-_-Womens+PLA-_-kNij0cCg_25025746998

TheresLotsOfFarmyardAnimals Wed 02-Apr-14 11:24:37

And here www.mandco.com/lingerie/swimwear/icat/10028210#esp_viewall=y

ygritte Wed 02-Apr-14 21:16:47

Scrap that Matalan recommendation,its far too skimpy in real life! The panache isobel is great... lots of fabric and very supportive and flattening.

othgraph Wed 02-Apr-14 21:54:21

You could go the custom route at surania.
www.surania.com/en-uk/shop/style/bikini

Haven't tried it myself but saw it on the blogger frocksnfroufrou and thought it looked lovely on her.

NewtRipley Wed 02-Apr-14 22:50:27

Bill
Praise the Lord! What a great selection

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now