Talk

Advanced search

Bag big enough for A4 folder

(35 Posts)
Used2bthin Tue 01-Apr-14 12:56:31

I had a lovely one almost ordered from gap but now it is only available in nude, it was available in tan, blue or yellow so I was going to get tan or possibly yellow. It was kind of bucket shaped and leather and lovely...ah well.

I am having a job finding anything in the same price range which is as nice, I prefer leather and not black but am fairly flexible otherwise.

So far this is all I have found [http://uk.accessorize.com/view/product/uk_catalog/acc_1.23/5891242400]

Any other ideas gratefully recieved!

Used2bthin Tue 01-Apr-14 12:57:22

Sorry!

uk.accessorize.com/view/product/uk_catalog/acc_1.23/5891242400

Used2bthin Tue 01-Apr-14 17:07:09

Bump, I know its a boring sounding title but would like a bag to be stylish and beautiful ! Any ideas? Thank you

FoxyHarlow123 Tue 01-Apr-14 17:27:56

Any good?

www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/handbags/coloured-leather-shopper-c358019p1789597.html

FoxyHarlow123 Tue 01-Apr-14 17:28:38

www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/handbags/soft-shopper-bag-c358019p1740051.html

Used2bthin Tue 01-Apr-14 19:27:49

Ooh thank you sorry I posted then got sidetracked by children returning home!

I like both of those a lot, the first may be a bit floppy though, I will have a look at it in the shop I think as it can be hard to tell online.

The second is such a lovely colour, I am worried it wouldn't be big enough is the only thing but maybe I need to think in terms of a few bags for different things

FoxyHarlow123 Tue 01-Apr-14 19:57:33

You're right, it's so hard to tell on line but Zara have several bags in that style and for around that price. Here's another option www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/handbags/large-handbags/leather-shopper-with-laminated-interior-c358022p1694079.html

Used2bthin Tue 01-Apr-14 20:04:33

Thats really lovely, I think it wouldn't be enough for work as would get annoying carrying it like that but it is so lovely and quite a good price too. Wouldn't have thought of Zara for bags.

Used2bthin Thu 03-Apr-14 09:21:16

Ok dh offering to buy me a bag up to £100 any other ideas for a leather bag, large as possible and able to fit stuff in for work (tend to take a folder a4 size and a medium make up bag, pens etc out with me)

Preferably one which securely does up but not essential its more the size and durability that matters. Love the bright ones as foxy linked just think possibly I need something a bit more solid if that makes sense. TIA

CommanderShepard Thu 03-Apr-14 09:32:22

I have a Radley Broad and it fits A4 files plus a 14" laptop. It's way over budget and I know Radley isn't exactly de rigeur on S&B but I love it and it does me fine as a nappy bag too.

ILoveWooly Thu 03-Apr-14 11:32:19

I have Pink THIS in yellow (but it is more mustard than NY taxi). It can easily fit my A4 portfolio folder and all my essentials... including heels or flats for running between meetings.

SuburbanRhonda Thu 03-Apr-14 11:36:44

I would have posted on here until I realised that you're looking for something costing what I would spend on the weekly food bill, so I'm afraid I have nothing to contribute wink

cakeaddict Thu 03-Apr-14 12:02:41

Bags big enough to carry A4 files/paperwork in are my holy grail - they don't seem that easy to find... Although I really wish I hadn't just clicked on Commanders link because now I really want that Radley one and can't justify the cost!

Have you looked at TK Maxx? I find they can be quite good value for bags, but it depends what stock they have in at the time. Something like this Osprey one might fit the bill?

CaulkheadUpNorth Thu 03-Apr-14 12:07:10

Try Ollie and Nic. They have lovely ones.

Used2bthin Thu 03-Apr-14 13:04:53

Commandersheppard that is lovely indeed but too much sadly. Is radley not the done thing any more then I didn't know that! I like it!

Suburban wonder its funny you should mention food, its mine too and in fact dh is saving money he usually spends by eating at work to buy it (for a special anniversary ), that and he has finally given up smoking! less pricey alternatives gratefully recieved .

Cake addict its mine too! Always seem to be looking for them because I never find anything just right. Tk max a good plan thanks.

Caulk I will check out ollie and nic too thank you.

Used2bthin Thu 03-Apr-14 13:07:00

Hadn't seen the osprey link then for some reason, it does look exactly the right size and price too but I am not sure whether I like the croc thing... May have to go and have a look in rl.

Used2bthin Thu 03-Apr-14 20:02:42

www.ollieandnic.com/sale/lara-briefcase-across-body-bag-rust

Now this would probably work well but I am not sure about the pu leather thing? Is that just pretend leather? I googled it it seems to be some kind of plastic which doesn't sound too appealing?

Used2bthin Thu 03-Apr-14 20:05:04

www.gap.co.uk/browse/product.do?cid=60103&vid=1&pid=000942181004

That is the gap bag I originally wanted but it sold out in tan and blue and yellow before I could get it.

heritagewarrior Thu 03-Apr-14 20:10:32

Have you tried White Stuff? I got a tan bag from there which is leather, reasonably plain and fits my laptop and an A4 folder together with all my other handbag stuff....

Used2bthin Thu 03-Apr-14 20:15:05

Ooh thanks will have a look now

chicaguapa Thu 03-Apr-14 20:19:34

Have you ruled out a satchel? They fit A4 folders in.

Used2bthin Thu 03-Apr-14 20:41:01

I have a lovely satchel from zatchels and its lovely but not big enough, maybe a bigger one? That's a good idea as maybe it would be sturdier do you think?

chicaguapa Thu 03-Apr-14 21:06:09

I have a 15" one from Leather Satchel company and it's great. Would definitely fit in the things you want. It is sturdy, but funnily enough I'm treating in badly as I want it softer and weathered.

tvstand Thu 03-Apr-14 21:12:34

Scaramanga?

www.scaramangashop.co.uk/fashion/leather-satchels-and-bags/for-women/cat_22.html

Used2bthin Thu 03-Apr-14 21:23:16

Yes I know what you mean, they all look quite stiff, as is my zatchels small one.

Thanks for the link too. I have just been looking at the 14.5 inch ones on scaramonga and I am finding it hard to tell whether they would be big enough but it sounds as if they might.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now