Talk

Advanced search

Maternity tights - quick help needed!

(9 Posts)
superlambanana Mon 31-Mar-14 20:37:43

Ordered some maternity tights for my 28wk bump for a big family party I'm going to at the weekend. I ordered 'natural' but they're REALLY dark and I'm going to look like I've been under the sun lamp!! I have time to go to one shop at a push, or could order more and pay for rush delivery but I'm worried about a shop not having them in stock as most shops are rubbish for maternity stuff or Internet ones being he wrong colour again.

Can anyone recommend any good ones or tell me where I'm most likely to find some please?

PenguinsEatSpinach Mon 31-Mar-14 20:40:06

Have you considered hold ups? Far more reliable ime

avocadoadvantage Mon 31-Mar-14 20:41:04

They have lots in my local (medium sized) Boots.

callamia Mon 31-Mar-14 20:41:08

I gave up. Nowhere seemed to stock them.
Holds up were fine instead.

TheWiseOldElf Mon 31-Mar-14 20:43:16

I second the hold ups suggestion. I had black opaques from Isabella Oliver and Asos and both were good but I used normal hold ups when wearing lower denier.

GeorgieWilson Mon 31-Mar-14 20:45:42

Try your local Asda 'light control' tights. Much cheaper than maternity tights and perfect right over bump, I wore them all through my pregnancy and you can check colour in store.

superlambanana Mon 31-Mar-14 23:47:15

Thank you!! I do have hold ups somewhere but they got mislaid when we moved house... Good idea though, I will look for them and/or support tights.

Vickiyumyum Tue 01-Apr-14 10:34:57

Mothercare? although just looked on the website and the natural ones look quite dark. If you're a 12/14/16 then try evans as there tights work in the same way as maternity tights with the double seam, so will accommodate a bump, just buy the smallest size, this probably won't work if you are an 8/10 though.

ecuse Tue 01-Apr-14 11:42:25

M&S or John Lewis!
Or if you can get next online they do next day delivery until 9pm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now