Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone use Dressipi?

(12 Posts)
Karbea Mon 31-Mar-14 18:38:12

I started having a look on there for inspiration and I was thinking of ordering something's based on their suggestions.
So I cleared out my wardrobes this afternoon and have found gaps, chucked stuff away etc.
But I also made up some outfits based on their colour/style combos and I'm thinking maybe my stuff isn't as rubbish as I though this morning :/

So I'm loving a dressipi, but maybe not in the same way they'd like me to love it.

However, I'm slightly unsure how good it is at actually picking out styles/colours that suit me.

So was just wondering what other people think of how good it is?

MrsPeacockDidIt Mon 31-Mar-14 18:46:57

I use it and look forward to the emails. I need to go on and update some of my info especially regarding colours as I had an HOC session in the summer.

I recently had my first experience of already owning something they recommended.

I wouldn't use it to define/sort out all my wardrobe issues but I do think it's a useful tool and has give me some ideas for things I wouldn't necessarily have thought of myself.

WowOoo Mon 31-Mar-14 18:56:42

I quite like it for inspiration and for suggesting things I'd never otherwise consider.

I bought some things based on what they said would suit my shape. Oddly enough, my friend had been saying I should try this certain item. I didn't listen to her but I took Dressipi's advice.

Millyblods Mon 31-Mar-14 19:01:48

I don't like anything they have suggested for me. They just don't seem to get me.

CointreauVersial Mon 31-Mar-14 19:10:23

I had a go, but quickly got hacked off with the suggestions it made - there didn't seem to be the facility to set a price range, and I eventually stopped looking at the £150+ garments it was suggesting.

Karbea Mon 31-Mar-14 19:31:13

Umm this is partly the reason why I thought I'd look in my wardrobe for similar things and create a similar look for less ie zero!

LoveVintage Mon 31-Mar-14 22:43:49

I tried it, but hated everything they suggested for me - could not be further from my style. (or budget a lot of the time)

7to25 Tue 01-Apr-14 20:58:00

They only recommend scarves or handbags for me! I'm a lost cause.

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Tue 01-Apr-14 21:06:44

They are OK for broad suggestions and for seeing what's out there but they are not personalised at all. I've given up telling them I don't wear black next to my face yet 80% of what they suggest for me is black.

ishouldcocoa Tue 01-Apr-14 21:08:30

I still get their emails after about 18 months, but have yet to buy anything they recommend. As some upthread have said, they don't really 'get' me.

Plumpysoft Tue 01-Apr-14 21:23:20

I tried it last night. Said I was a really daring dresser and it showed me pages of Mumsy dross..

SoldeInvierno Tue 01-Apr-14 21:45:05

They didn't get me at all. Everything they suggested was half the price of what I normally buy and from shops I never go into. It would have been great if I actually liked any of it, but nothing was really me, so in spite of the potential savings, I never bought anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now